Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Photoshop lag when working with fonts

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

in CC 2017 working with fonts is really slow ... as I read in this topic Photoshop CC 2017 ***lagging*** when Text Layers are added or present!  I am not the only one ... are there any updates on solution to this bug that is really annoying ... such a basic function and you are failing on it ... things that are working just fine are after next update complete fail ... it has been more than 2 months since CC 2017 update and still no fix for this one ... cmon!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

I seem to recall this is related to a problem with true type fonts. Other font types seem to be ok but TTFs cause a sluggishness. If you have a font manager try deactivating your true types and see if it makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I seem to recall this is related to a problem with true type fonts. Other font types seem to be ok but TTFs cause a sluggishness. If you have a font manager try deactivating your true types and see if it makes a difference.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But in previous PS this was working just fine ... so I guess it's a bug?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know it's under investigation as a problem . Hopefully it will get addressed in the next update but unfortunately no guarantee of that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the exact same problem. I have a large collection of fonts as I've been a designer for about 10 years now and this is the first time I'm experiencing such dreadful lag working with fonts. This is typically shown when I select a textarea, paste text there then select all (CTRL+A) to change the font, size, color and Photoshop freezes for about 5-10 seconds here.

Whenever I try to search fonts (type a font name onto the input) it lags so much. It's just horrible. I think I've had this problem for several months now and it doesn't seem to go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Exactly the same ... small font sizes are not a problem ... when there is a lot of text, things become really slow. Well anyway Terri thank you for your answer ... good to know that it is on the to-do list of bugs to fix

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

If you use a font software manager, make sure it's updated to work with the latest PS version.

Pierre

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No font software here. This problem has been reported being a Photoshop related issue, not font managers.

The only working solution is to install 2015.5 back and work with it. Can't work with 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines