• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Getting zoom tool on a Mac

Engaged ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that command + spacebar is supposed to give access to the zoom tool when one has another tool active. However, on my Mac command + spacebar produces "Spotlight Search". Is there another option?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Hi Marie,you have to change the shortcut of the MacOs who are already bind with spotlight.

To change this go from apple menu and choose "System Preferences..." and then go in "Spotlight". Once in spotlight section go in the "Shortcuts" tab and uncheck "Show Spotlight Search" and "Show Finder search window".

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That’s what you get for using Mac OS … (Edit: Mind you, I’m a Mac user myself.)

You can turn the command off for Spotlight (System Preferences > Keyboard > Shortcuts > Spotlight)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Marie,you have to change the shortcut of the MacOs who are already bind with spotlight.

To change this go from apple menu and choose "System Preferences..." and then go in "Spotlight". Once in spotlight section go in the "Shortcuts" tab and uncheck "Show Spotlight Search" and "Show Finder search window".

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I turned off the "Spotlight" options in the Mac System preferences and now cmd+spacebar is a move tool, or a cut tool if something is selected. I don't recall ever setting any keyboard shortcuts of my own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Weird, then I suggest a preference cleaning

hold down Alt, Ctrl, and Shift keys (Mac: Command, Option, Shift) while starting up Photoshop. A dialog box will appear asking if you wish to delete the preferences/settings file. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did that, I got that dialog box, I said "yes", but still I have the same behavior: com + spacebar is a move tool, or a cut tool if something is selected.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

And I've just realized that the hand tool no longer appears when I press the space bar!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines