• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to save slices in Photoshop CC (up to date version)

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I must be missing something somewhere; I can slice an image but can not find a way to save the slices as individual jpgs.  Can anyone tell me how to do this in an up to date version of Photoshop CC?

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

[Moved from generic Cloud/Setup forum to specific Program forum... Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

File>Export>Save for Web (Legacy)

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

File>Export>Save for Web (Legacy)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
May 04, 2017 May 04, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you export ONLY the selected slices? Didn't there use to be a All, Current, Selected, None... type option for exporting slices. I have an image with two slices in it, but it exports all the auto-slices too...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 12, 2017 May 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am on Photoshop CC and for me it is when I get to the Save As screen where I navigate to the folder to save in. At the very bottom of that dialogue box is an option called "slices". The options are all slices, all user slices, or selected slices.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jun 01, 2017 Jun 01, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, I was looking for it in the Adobe Save for Web window, and not the actual Finder window where you choose location. Seems strange that the place to select the Slices is there and not in the Adobe window.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2020 Jan 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But This Method Now Gives an Eroor

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2020 Jan 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes, ends with error and the error report says it doesn't know why

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many thanks; I had tried something like this before but did not get a result at the time.  However, there is a problem; the master file type is jpg and I have selected jpg as the output file type but the sliced images are gif.  I've tried several times to change this but the sliced files are always gif.  Any further suggestions would be appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can change the filetype of every single slice. Please be sure to choose the right file extension for every single slice as showed in the pic. Hope this helps.
Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 19.22.04.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Italosan; Many thanks for your information, I did eventually succeed with your guidance.  However, I found it a relatively convoluted procedure.  I don't know what Adobe are about here; what I wanted to do is readily available in a very straightforward manner in CS4 (which I still have) using the "Save for Web and Devices" function.  This is far simpler to use than the methods available in CC.  However, without your help I would have just given up before finding this out, so once again thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had this problem and fiddled around until i had a solution.  Not an ideal one but it worked.  On a fairly clean install I had my image divided into a number of slices (6 in my instance).  I opened the Save for web dialog and then holding the 'alt' button, I reset the dialog to default settings and then on saving it saved all my slices as jpegs.  I hope this works for you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Clivewa, I'm glad to have been helpful in some way. Yes now it's a very complex process but you should consider the "export as..." as the main way to export pieces of images for the web who is now based on layers instead of slices.

The "slicing" is nowadays a useless waste of time, this is why I suggest you take a look at "export as..." who combined with the right use of layers it's a big timesaver

Cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Slicing is a lot simpler than layers for making HTML emails where we still have to use tables for early email clients.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2018 May 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Export as doesn't recognize slices. The question was how to export a single slice without having to go through all the menus to get to "save for web/legacy". Naturally Sketch is the better tool for anything UI/Web, but we sometimes still have to create image heavy emails etc in photoshop. Would be nice to find a quicker process in photoshop for exporting a specific slice.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 22, 2019 Dec 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is nuts, take a well functioning process and make it disappear. image, make slices to align with the email design, save.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2021 Jul 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, i keep getting an error when i go to save slices, what can i do to resove this? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines