Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Blurry photos since importing DNG files

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I've been using Lightroom for quite a while.  I recently started importing my photos as DNG files instead of RAW.   Since then, I have noticed that all of my exported photos for web and Flickr seem ever so slightly blurred.  

I use Lightroom 5.  and below is an image of my export settings.   The only thing that has change for me is the use of DNG files.  Can you help, or should I just revert to using RAW again?

Screen Shot 2017-01-06 at 17.25.01.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Wel, it may be that wordpress causes some loss of sharpness, I don't know. But if we're going to help you, we need to see the "blurry" image zoomed to 1:1, and the "un-blurry" image in Lightroom, also zoomed 1:1, so we can compare. Please provide these screen captures.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Show us a screen capture of the exported photo, zoomed 1:1 so e can see the problem. Show us another screen capture of how the photo appears in Lightroom, also zoomed 1:1.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi DJ_Paige, thanks for the quick response.

Ok so, this is weird, I must be losing my sight or something because it looks fine here.  But on my website, it seems soft around the edges.  Does Wordpress compress images on upload do you know?   This is the exported JPG.   Sorry if I'm wasting your time.

untitled-1-2.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Wel, it may be that wordpress causes some loss of sharpness, I don't know. But if we're going to help you, we need to see the "blurry" image zoomed to 1:1, and the "un-blurry" image in Lightroom, also zoomed 1:1, so we can compare. Please provide these screen captures.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines