• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Indesign crash when a image is being modified in Photoshop.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I have my Indesign doc open with an image selected, and another computer is modifying that image in photoshop, my computer will crash.

Another user said he made a copy of that image and put on his desktop. After that, my computer crashed and his entire image folder disappeared.

Is this common? My boss does not believe this is the cause for my crash but it's happened multiple times.

Could working on an image in Indesign while being modified in photoshop actually be the cause?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.InDesign​

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

From System requirements for Adobe InDesign CC for Mac and Windows OS

• Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7. Adobe Creative Suite 5, CS5.5, and CS6 applications support Mac OS X v10.8 or v10.9 when installed on Intel-based systems.

El Capitain is Mac OS  v10.11 and was released after CS6 reached end of life, so Adobe will not be upgrading it to work on El Capitain.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What InDesign version? What OS? What network?

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indesign CS6, it's a Window's network and El Capitan OS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CS6 is unsupported under El Capitan. One of the most common complaints is crashing.

There will be no updates so I suggest rolling back to an earlier operating system.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically there is nothing I can tell my boss which substantiates my theory?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So basically there is nothing I can tell my boss which substantiates my theory?

You could try closing the file whenever someone is working on the linked content for a few weeks to see if the crashes cease.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can tell your boss what I told you. You're using an unsupported configuration and therefore all bets are off.

You have three choices, roll back the O/S, move to Creative Cloud or just live with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please pardon my ignorance here, when you say that CS6 is unsupported under El Capitan, what does that mean specifically?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

From System requirements for Adobe InDesign CC for Mac and Windows OS

• Mac OS X v10.6.8 or v10.7. Adobe Creative Suite 5, CS5.5, and CS6 applications support Mac OS X v10.8 or v10.9 when installed on Intel-based systems.

El Capitain is Mac OS  v10.11 and was released after CS6 reached end of life, so Adobe will not be upgrading it to work on El Capitain.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It means that CS6 was designed to run on earlier operating systems and frankly, Apple doesn’t give a rat’s tail about backward compatibility. Adobe updated CS6 several times but announced a while ago that they were done.

In short, it means you’re on your own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I appreciate the explanation.

Thank You!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Same problem with CCT last release in Win 10 Pro64.

Not always (if it was repetitive I could ask the indian support to help) but most of the times I try to open with Photoshop inside Indesign system crashes...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 06, 2017 Feb 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Is there any SW I can use to log everything and help IT people to understand what/when crashes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines