• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom images freeze in develop module.

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

I recently downloaded the update and since I have had this issue where in develop module an image randomly gets stuck or frozen. It is random and also seems to occur when I select an image to be rejected and delete the rejected images. It's never done this to me before. When it happens I'm able to toggle through the thumbnail in develop module but I can't select an image to come up in the window because the frozen image is there. I've tried switching between library and back to develop module and its still there. The only way I can get rid of it, is by closing out lightroom altogether and going back in. This very frustrating and time consuming as I have many images I work with.

Please help.

Thanks!

Deb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017
also seems to occur when I select an image to be rejected and delete the rejected images.

This bug was introduced in CC 2015.8 / 6.8 and has been acknowledged by Adobe: Lightroom: Image stuck in Develop mode | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Please add your me-too vote and your details to that bug report to make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize the fix.

Meanwhile, the workaround is to delete rejected photos in Library rather than Develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried deactivating GPU acceleration in the Lightroom preferences? What version of Lightroom are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did see that the GPU wasn't checked. Is it supposed to be checked? A friend on a Facebook group mentioned that. I am using version 6.8

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Whether or not that option should be checked  depends on if you have a compatible graphics card in your computer. Most of the time the advice given is to uncheck that option to resolve performance issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think I do. My lightroom was working fine until this happened today. The only thing that has changed recently is the update I did the other day.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, but I don't have any answers. I have never encountered a problem like that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
also seems to occur when I select an image to be rejected and delete the rejected images.

This bug was introduced in CC 2015.8 / 6.8 and has been acknowledged by Adobe: Lightroom: Image stuck in Develop mode | Photoshop Family Customer Community . Please add your me-too vote and your details to that bug report to make it a little more likely Adobe will prioritize the fix.

Meanwhile, the workaround is to delete rejected photos in Library rather than Develop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines