Whats is up with that?

Adobe chat says ask a forum

Anyone know what is going on?

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patio Dave wrote:

When I open a .php file my live view shows this

Not Found [CFN #0005]

But when I view it from the server it shows the page properly

Whats is up with that?

Thanks

I dont think 'live view' can handle php files if DW 2017 is anything like the Brackets editor version that its based on. You need to open the page in your browser by setting the path in the browsers url box to where it is located and view 'dynamic' pages that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osgood_ wrote:

I dont think 'live view' can handle php files...

That's just not true.

Your testing server must be defined in your DW Site Definition.

See screenshots.

CC-testingServer1.jpg

Servers:

CC-testingServer2.jpg

Basic Tab:

CC-testingServer3.jpg

Advanced Tab:

CC-testingServer4.jpg

Final screen:

CC-testingServer-final.jpg

Nancy

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Doesnt that just work like it always worked though when you use 'view in a browser' and not this new live edit feature like Brackets?

If you try to open a php page by clicking the lightning bolt in Brackets editor it asks for the server name but when you enter it, it never finds the page even though the address is correct.

I thought DW was now based on Brackets live edit?

I read in another thread you dont  use live view as it interfes with your server, but never went on to say exactly what you meant by that?

EDITED.

It seems I was completely wrong - been trying for weeks to get live view and php pages to work in Brackets by cllicking the lightning bolt and after some Googling and some experimenting it seems I had 'Enable Experimental Live View' switched on which was throwing an error every time I inserted the Base URL for the projects which use server side files. Once I deactivated the 'Experimental' option and inserted the BASE URL everything worked like a dream.

Plus it gets better as Brackets only injects junk code in your pages code if you have the 'Experimental' option selected so it opens in another browser, like Firefox, not Chrome.

Phewwwy:

This:

<body>

<div class="product_details">

<div class="product_information">

<div class="product_title">

</div>

<!-- end product_title -->

<div class="product_description">

</div>

<!-- end product_description -->

</div>

<!-- end product_information -->

<figure class="product_image">

<h3>Product Image</h3>

</figure>

<!-- end product_image -->

</div>

<!-- end product_details -->

</body>

Becomes this in Firefox:

body data-brackets-id='9'>

<div data-brackets-id='10' class="product_details">

<div data-brackets-id='11' class="product_information">

<div data-brackets-id='12' class="product_title">

</div>

<!-- end product_title -->

<div data-brackets-id='13' class="product_description">

</div>

<!-- end product_description -->

</div>

<!-- end product_information -->

<figure data-brackets-id='14' class="product_image">

<h3 data-brackets-id='15'>Product Image</h3>

</figure>

<!-- end product_image -->

</div>

<!-- end product_details -->

</body>

Happy days.....that's something else sorted out. Another tick for Brackets. I'm flippng back and forth between Brackets, Atom and DW now trying to decide which is best - Brackets and Atom running neck and neck but now I've sorted the 'server' issue out I think Brackets might just be in the lead for now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You seem to have the mistaken impression that CC 2017 is Brackets and it's not.  Apart from the code engine, it's still very much DW.  It works pretty much as DW always has with some new improvements.

That said, I'm working with a PHP file right now.  See how it looks in Live View?  It does contain HTML code too.  Otherwise it would look like a blank page.  And that's to be expected.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy OShea wrote:

You seem to have the mistaken impression that CC 2017 is Brackets and it's not. Apart from the code engine, it's still very much DW. It works pretty much as DW always has with some new improvements.

The code editor is Brackets isnt it? (I was under the impression that Brackets (now code editor in DW) didnt render php page in live view BUT it does  (see my edited post above)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Real-Time Preview is not the same as Live View.  2 completely different things.

In DW Live/Design View allows you to edit in a visual panel -- just like it always has.

Real-Time Preview does not allow you to edit your page.  It's merely a new-fangled Preview in Browser, for which I have no love.   I still use the old Preview in Browser to check my work in browsers.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy OShea wrote:

Real-Time Preview does not allow you to edit your page. It's merely a new-fangled Preview in Browser, for which I have no love.

Any reason why? Now I have it set up so no alien code gets injected and I can use the inspection tools it acts just as if I was opening the page directly in Chrome or Firefox, plus you get live updates to edits, not that it always works 100% but then when it sticks you just hit refresh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can edit code in DW and in theory Real-Time Preview shows the results instantly in your browser.   Fine.

Quite frankly, I'm more interested in seeing what the page looks like on my local testing server without Adobe's injected code.  Why? Because I often use FF or Chrome to make CSS tweaks and Adobe's RTP code gets in the way of that.  It's just not a workflow that I find compelling enough to use.  So I don't.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy OShea wrote:

You can edit code in DW and in theory Real-Time Preview shows the results instantly in your browser. Fine.

Quite frankly, I'm more interested in seeing what the page looks like on my local testing server without Adobe's injected code. Why? Because I often use FF or Chrome to make CSS tweaks and Adobe's RTP code gets in the way of that.

So what you are saying is in DW it DOES inject code into your page?

That's not happening in Brackets live edit as far as I can see - the code is clean - it only happens in experimental mode.

If that is the case for you then I agree, its unusable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

osgood_ wrote:

So what you are saying is in DW it DOES inject code into your page?

Right.

It's essentially an Adobe page with an iframe in which your page is displayed.

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oops that's very, very bad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In all fairness to Adobe, I think it might be necessary for the Device Preview feature to work.  

Anyway, I'm not in favor of removing it.  We just need a Preference to turn it off when it acts up or gets in the way of workflows.

Now if RTP allowed you to edit text in your browser and see immediate results in Code View, well that's something I could get excited about. 

Nancy

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nancy OShea wrote:

In all fairness to Adobe, I think it might be necessary for the Device Preview feature to work.

Anyway, I'm not in favor of removing it. We just need a Preference to turn it off when it acts up or gets in the way of workflows.

Dont know, if it can be done in Brackets without code injection then surely it can be achieved in DW. It's acceptable for designers but if you intend to use the browser tools a lot, as a coder, then its a non-starter.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can this answer help the OP?

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well the OP has hardly made the effort to come back and provide anymore details, so unless they do that no one can provide any more help.

Its quite classic in this forum, a poster posts and either doesnt come back and acknowledge a correct solution or they just dont come back, in that case who cares if the discussion goes off topic.

All l can assume is it cant be that much of an issues to the OP otherwise they would have popped back by now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Patio Dave wrote:

When I open a .php file my live view shows this

Not Found [CFN #0005]

But when I view it from the server it shows the page properly

Whats is up with that?

Thanks

Dave,

This can be caused by a number of factors, namely a problem with servers, .htaccess rules, coding, software versions etc etc.

One thing is for sure, the problem is not caused by Dreamweaver, hence we need to have a look at the ambient.

When you open the file from the server, do you mean the local server or a remote server? Also please elaborate on the framework (if any) that you are using.

Wappler, the only real Dreamweaver alternative.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines