• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

iOS Adobe Reader reset Page to 1st on lack of Memory

Community Beginner ,
Dec 01, 2016 Dec 01, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. I love this app and I use this on an iphone and an android phone to read scientific pdf documents in reading mode. The android one works perfectly. However, the iOS adobe acrobat app always resets back the page that I last read on reading mode from continuous mode, whether it was page 40 or 50 to the 1st page of the document on lack of memory. Sometimes when I close it myself and open it again, it does the same thing too. It gets annoying because I don't really take notice of what page I am on. Can adobe fix it? Other than that, its perfect.

Btw, if they can have an option to turn dimming off, it would be great.

TOPICS
iOS

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Susanto,

The feature of dimming of the document while you are reading it has nothing related to the application.

I suggest you to please make changes in the timeout settings and exceed the time limit for that in your device.

Thanks,

Supriya

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 26, 2016 Dec 26, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for the info. I could do that. But in android, there is a setting in the app itself where we can just select and it stops auto dimming entirely for the app. If I do it in settings, it will automatically do it for the whole phone. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi susanto​,

Does the 'page reset' problem happen to all of your PDF documents or a particular PDF document?  Are the PDF documents stored in cloud storage or locally on your iPad/iPhone?

You mentioned that Acrobat Reader resets to the first page due to "lack of memory".  How did you determine that the problem was caused by the lack of memory?  Do you see an error message?  Does Acrobat Reader freeze, shut down, or close itself (which would take you back to the iOS Home screen)?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for the reply. The ‘page reset’ happens to all my PDF documents in cloud storage or locally. I tried both and its still the same.

What i mimicked "lack of memory" is after i opened acrobat and then close it into the background, I opened a lot of apps after that. Then I open the acrobat app again. In the end, the acrobat was removed from background memory and have to open from zero. That is when it is reset to the first page of the document. It always have the problem when from “continuous” mode then I put it in “reading mode”. But if I put it in “single page” mode, then to “reading” mode, it doesn’t have this problem. But this is a bit of a problem because I always use continuous mode more often.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 29, 2016 Dec 29, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi susanto​,

I think that I have seen the same problem before.  But I am having a hard time reproducing the problem repeatedly now.

Would you please provide the following information?

• What is your iPad/iPhone model?  Example: iPad Air, iPad 3, iPhone 6
  • What is the iOS version running on your iPad/iPhone?  iOS 10.x or iOS 9.x?

You can go to iOS Settings > General > About > Model to find the model number.

Have you seen the following alert when the Acrobat Reader app resets to the first page?

HockeyAppPrompt.png

Thank you for your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2016 Dec 31, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi. Thanks for the reply. My iphone model is the iphone 6s. Version is ios 10.2. I dont see that alert. It just seems like the app was restarted from scratch and it moves the pdf to the first page.

You can reproduce it when you just exit the app in the phone by pressing the home button. Then opening a ton of apps after it. Maybe 20 other apps so that its kinda kicked out of memory. (I do this so to simulate daily use where I might open a lot of other apps after acrobat.) Its reproduceable for me. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi susanto​,

We are able to reproduce the problem at our end and filed a bug report.

We will investigate the cause of the bug and try to address it in a future release of Acrobat Reader.

Thank you for reporting the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines