• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why can't I select just the created path/shape on the shape layer?

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, this could be a dumb question, but I recall in earlier versions, if you made a trim path on a line or shape, you could still just select that one object with out having to go back into the time line or do a drag selection with the mouse. I even tried using the pan tool to adjust the anchor point from the middle of the composition to the actual line itself... the selection still won't happen unless I find that tiny blue point in the middle of the comp or if I actually go in the timeline and select the whole shape layer... What am I doing wrong?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

nothing new in that regard in the previous versions:

• if you are with the selection tool: click twice to go down the hierarchy and you can now select the path
  • if you are with the pen tool: have the layer selected and you will have access to the path

this is not related to anchor point or where it is.

if you are experiencing anything different please show us via screenshots or screen capture

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

nothing new in that regard in the previous versions:

• if you are with the selection tool: click twice to go down the hierarchy and you can now select the path
  • if you are with the pen tool: have the layer selected and you will have access to the path

this is not related to anchor point or where it is.

if you are experiencing anything different please show us via screenshots or screen capture

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines