• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6.8 standalone does not show the Play Bar and will not open mp4 files

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After installing a trial of PS CC 2017 my LR has stopped opening and importing video files and the Play Bar does not appear when you double click a video thumbnail in grid view.

Anyone have any ideas ?

I have up to date apps, video drivers and Win 10 on a Lenovo Z50 laptop

Nelson

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Problems got worse - LR 6.8 stopped working altogether

Decided to delete Adobe CC, Adobe Extension Manager, PS CC 2017 entirely and still LR would not start even after using Ctrl Shift click to clear preferences etc.

So manually deleted LR and re-installed from v6 to ver6.7 to v6.8 testing each one. At least they start and see my photos but no version now Plays video or will Import or Synchronise if videos are in the batch - still have no Play Bar

Trying an Import LR clearly sees the video and still files but they are all greyed out. The Import just hangs forever and when cancelled the following screen messages appear:

video file missing.JPG

No photos found.JPG

Help please !!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been going mad trying to get things sorted out and bought Iolo System Mechanic which found 450 Win Registry errors and some 3000 other bad links/cookies etc etc. Since most of the Registry entries were not in plain English I have no idea what the program removed but things are now working and I'm hoping they will stay working  - I also found some changed entries in the Windows Firewall which I did not make - they were preventing some of my applications making connections to update etc - they now seem to be working again - so fingers crossed!

Slightly worrying not to know exactly what caused the problem or exactly what got fixed but enough that I can get back to work

Nelson

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines