• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I change 240 dpi in 300 dpi?

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I shoot photos with nikon d-200. The result in raw: 240 dpi. I need them in 300 dpi for prints. What do I need to do?

Thanks for response, acb

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

You can change the resolution in Photoshop: Image > Image Size. Ensure Resample is unticked. The image dimensions will decrease as your increase the PPI.

(Or under the Workflow Options in the Adobe Camera Raw utility.)

240PPi should give you decent reproduction –  if you shoot a size of say 3,872 x 2,592px divided by 240 = a print size of up to 16 x 11 inches.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can change the resolution in Photoshop: Image > Image Size. Ensure Resample is unticked. The image dimensions will decrease as your increase the PPI.

(Or under the Workflow Options in the Adobe Camera Raw utility.)

240PPi should give you decent reproduction –  if you shoot a size of say 3,872 x 2,592px divided by 240 = a print size of up to 16 x 11 inches.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank your very much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would need another help...

where do I find adobe camera raw utility?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If your camera is set to output files in the raw format (.nef or .cr2), it automatically opens.

If it's set to jpeg, File > Open and set the file format to Camera Raw.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you very much. if I understand correctly, I cannot open adobe camera raw utility like an app, by itsself, – only, when connected with the camera when transferring them from camera to laptop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No, Adobe Camera Raw will open the file wherever it is on your drive or SD Card.

In fact if you download and Install Bridge CC 2017 (latest), you can open any jpeg, tiff, or raw in Camera Raw by pressing Cmd or Ctrl r on the selected image.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

thank you gene!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Glad I could help out.   I should add Bridge has a "Get Photos from Camera" button so you can connect your camera directly without removing the card, and Bridge is free for Photoshop CC 2017 users.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Gene!!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's how you change the ACR default:

ACR.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much too! Both answers are very helpful to me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ensure Resample is unticked. The image dimensions will decrease as your increase the PPI.

I wonder: if I want to keep the dimensions of the images, then I need to mark the field 'resample', yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Indeed you must. To keep that same size in inches and yet pack more pixels in that inch, you upsample or increase the number of pixels. You can only go so far for upsampling,so plan for the size you want before you capture or scan the image.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

okay, thank you!!! greetings from germany

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And good  night from a very rainy California!

Drop by if there are any more questions.

Gene

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

oh, here it is snowing and 11 am - I lived some years in San Diego!

Have a good night!

And thanks for all your help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines