• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

When I try to preview the video in AE or move between frames, it says that it has stopped working and closes without saving.

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a problem I have had for a few days now. When I open AE it is fine but when I try to preview the video or move between frames, it says "Adobe After Effects has stopped working", and than it closes, without even saving my work. I don't think it is a problem with my laptop because it always ran AE fine until now. Anybody know how I can fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did Windows recently do an automatic update?  If so, you may need to update or roll back the video driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do I do that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't think it is that.  The roll back driver button is grayed out on my display driver.  Maybe another one?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

batopolis wrote:

The roll back driver button is grayed out on my display driver.

Don't do it that way. Go directly to the video card manufacturer's website and download the driver.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 08, 2017 Feb 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hey there batopolis,

Did you ever solve your issue? Please let us know so that others may benefit from your solution.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines