Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Key X doesn't work anymore in Library

Community Beginner ,
Dec 18, 2016 Dec 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

Since the 6.8 update, I have a very annoying bug in my Lightroom. In the Library, when I press the key "X" to tag a picture as rejected, it doesn't work anymore. Despite of that, it masks the numbers of the pictures in the folder when I press the key. On the other hand, the key "P" to tag a picture as marked, works fine... very strange

And when I am in the "develop" module, both keys "X" and "P" works ... but it's very slower than in the library module, and far less convenient.

Any idea of what I could do to fix that ? Am I the only one to have this bug since 6.8 update ?

Many thanks to all for your answers and help,

Best regards

Felix

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have any keyboard add-on program installed?

Have you made any changes to the language keyboard setting in the OS you are using?

What is the OS you are using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In which language are you running LR?  French and Swedish have known problems with the "x" shortcut:

Lightroom CC 2015.8: Shortcut X to reject an image in Library not available (French) | Photoshop Fam...

Lightroom: x keyboard shortcut is assigned to two functions in Library module [Swedish language] | P...

If you're in one of those languages, see the appropriate topic for a workaround and add your me-too vote and opinion to that topic. If you're in a different language, please report it here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem. I have no keyboard add-on programme. And, yes, I use a French keyboard

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bonjour,

J'ai le meme problème que toi et j'ai contacté le support adobe par chat ce matin meme. Il semble que cette modification ne soit pas un bug... Ce qui est très embêtant au quotidien ! As-tu eu une autre réponse/solution ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Adobe support is giving out incorrect answers.  Adobe marked the bug report in the official Adobe feedback forum as "In Progress", meaning they've acknowledge the bug and are working on a solution.  Meanwhile, see this post in that bug report for how to work around the problem while waiting for a fix: Lightroom CC 2015.8: Shortcut X to reject an image in Library not available (French) | Photoshop Fam...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 07, 2017 Mar 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Felix,

Please update Lightroom to 6.9/2015.9 version which includes the fix for Lightroom CC 2015.8: Shortcut X to reject an image in Library not available (French) | Photoshop Fam...

refer: Lightroom CC 2015.9 now available

Regards,

Mohit

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines