• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe Animate Publish Settings

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is anyone having an issue with Animate's publish settings the last 24 hours (today is 1/7/2017)? I've made dozens of web pages using Animate the past few months, and consider myself at least an intermediate user if not an expert, but for some reason today my publish settings are not working. When I publish a file, or when I simply test my page inside Animate, Animate is making everything "fit to screen" when it was not doing so last night with the exact same settings (no matter the browser I use either...and I've tried 4 browsers). Is anyone having the same issue? I have tried every setting possible but I get the same result. I know the publish settings inside and out so I am wondering if anyone is having the same issue...i.e. is it a bug? I love Adobe in every respect otherwise. Thank you.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

i've done more testing and that third parameter is 'true' if you publish with scale to fill enabled.  the responsive setting can be width, height or both.

Screenshot - 1_9_2017 , 6_44_48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

what are you publishing?  an as3 project? html5? something else?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

html5?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's a pleasure to connect with you by the way. I've seen your profile in a number of these forums.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI I have even uninstalled and re-installed Adobe Animate. When I view the code it sets the width and height at the right ratio...but fitting it all into the page view...no matter which settings I use. It's just bizarre. Here's the DOM view:

<div id="animation_container" style="width: 365.22px; height: 856px; background-color: rgba(0, 255, 102, 1);">

<canvas width="365" height="856" id="canvas" style="width: 365.22px; height: 856px; display: block; position: absolute; background-color: rgba(0, 255, 102, 1);"></canvas>

<div id="dom_overlay_container" style="left: 0px; top: 0px; width: 365.22px; height: 856px; overflow: hidden; display: block; position: absolute; pointer-events: none;">

</div>

</div>

Any help would be most appreciated kglad...and thank you for your time no matter what happens

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you're trying to publish a fixed sized html, untick 'make responsive'

Screenshot - 1_7_2017 , 9_03_07 AM.png

and tick 'overwrite html'

Screenshot - 1_7_2017 , 9_03_43 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much kglad but it does need to be responsive. In any event even if I set it to a fixed width as you suggested believe it or not I still have the same problem....which is why I was thinking it might be a bug. I am not sure what I am going to do. Any other suggestions would be much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i publish a 300x200 html5 project, in  my browser i see:

Screenshot - 1_7_2017 , 9_27_29 AM.png

what do you see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see essentially the same as you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad I have to shut down to tend to some family matters. Thank you very much for your help. I'd listen to any other suggestions but I'll be off for the next few hours.

Thank you for all that you do for the Adobe community

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you create a 300x200 html5 project, what is that you expect to see?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I expect to see what you saw. I know what I am doing (or I'm 99% sure I do). I've just re-checked every online tutorial. There has to be a bug or something with either my machine or my account. Thank you again

There is no question my Animate projects for some reason are being set to "scale to fill visible" area whether I have it checked or not. The green area should be scaling to the page. Hopefully it's not just me. Thank you again kglad

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

is message 12 showing what happens when you test a 300x200 stage that contains a green rectangle?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No I do not get a message 12.

This is just bizarre. My stage size is 1280 by 4000...and no matter the publish setting I chose when I publish or test I get the view like I sent you earlier as fit to page. Animate was allowing me to scroll up and down the page while still responsive just yesterday. I am stumped and surprised no one else has the same problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

attach screenshots of your publish settings>basic and advanced

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

that's one of the two screenshots i requested and it shows the exact problem i mentioned in message 5.  i'll repeat it again, "if you're trying to publish a fixed sized html, untick 'make responsive'".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I hear you...but I am not trying to publish a fixed size html. Last night I was able to publish 1280 by 4000 html and it would appear like any webpage (it would not fill to page) and was responsive. Why is it that the entire 1280 by 4000 stage has to fit to the browser view now whereas yesterday it did not. Of course I appreciate your help...but its frustrating. Here is the second screen shot.

Thank you very much again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if you don't want it to fill to screen, what do you want it to look like when it opens and what do want it to look like when the browser window size changes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

kglad I very much appreciate your attention to my problem. Thank you for all of your efforts.

To answer your question, I want someone to be able to view the page in a traditional browser...say 1280 by 720...and have the viewer be able to view my page 1280 by 720 (even if my page is sized 1280 by 4000) and be able to scroll up and down the page like most websites. It's that simple. At the same time I would like my page to be responsive by width and height so it looks the same whether a desktop or tablet. Again very simple. I was able to do this on Friday night now for some reason no matter what I do Adobe Animate sets my project to "fit to screen" (which is why I at first hoped it was a bug).

Again kglad thank you very much for your help. It is very much appreciated.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You could even say I want it to look like and behave like a long but still one page website.

You are awesome kglad for all of your efforts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

open your published html file and try:

makeResponsive(true,'width',true,2);

and see if that does what you want.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

FYI I am able to publish an .oam file just the way I want. Works perfectly.

I will certainly insert your code but I cannot believe Adobe Animate forces a "fit to screen" html project. I know you don't work for them but it has to be a bug they need to fix. Again it is not your problem.

Thank you again for all of your help kglad. I'll let you know what happens.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've done more testing and that third parameter is 'true' if you publish with scale to fill enabled.  the responsive setting can be width, height or both.

Screenshot - 1_9_2017 , 6_44_48 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines