• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Running photoshop 3D on a surface pro 4 -- i7 8GB RAM.

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apologies if this has been asked before, but I want to use the 3D services in Photoshop CC 2017. I am considering purchasing a Microsoft Surface pro 4 with the i7 chip and therefore the intel 540 integrated GPU chip set I can't find any reference to this specific integrated chip set on the Adobe site. Will everything in Photoshop CC run OK ??? TIA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• OpenGL 2.0–capable system
  • 1024 x 768 display (1280x800 recommended) with 16-bit color and 512 MB of dedicated VRAM; 2 GB is recommended*

* 3D features are disabled on 32-bit platforms and on computers having less than 512MB of VRAM. Video features are not supported on 32-bit Windows systems.

from here:

Photoshop system requirements

so, no, because:

The Intel Iris Graphics 540 (GT3e) is an integrated graphics unit of the Skylake generation. As successors of the HD Graphics 6000 (Broadwell), the Iris Graphics 540 can be found in CPUs of 15-watt series and offers 64 MB of dedicated eDRAM memory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you were to have followed the logic as stated by Peru Bob, then a discrete GPU would have been required for any 3D features. An integrated IGP would not have worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines