• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Optimization - X 64 does not show in the title bar?

Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Following the most recent LRCC update I am doing my periodic LR optimization check . When reviewing the latest "Optimize performance" information in the online help I came across a comment I have not seen before.

----

From online help

Lightroom operates in 64-bit mode automatically if it is installed on a computer that is 64 bit capable and running a 64-bit OS. You can verify that it's running in 64-bit mode by doing the following:                                      

Verify that Lightroom is running in 64-bit mode on Windows                                         

• Start Lightroom and look at the title bar of the application                 
  • See if "x64" appears in the title.

----

Of course being the nerd that I am and having invested in a high end system I looked to see if my LR was running in 64-bit. To my surprise, there is no x64 in the title. What am I missing? Am I looking in the wrong place? Is LR actually running as a 32-bit system? If so, How do I fix this?

Of course the fix was not shown 😞

Jim

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Enthusiast , Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

The designation 'x64' in title bar only applies to version 4 & 5 of Lightroom

Those versions could run either in 32 or 64 bit.

Lightroom 6/CC2015 is 64bit only so the extra designation in the title bar is not needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The designation 'x64' in title bar only applies to version 4 & 5 of Lightroom

Those versions could run either in 32 or 64 bit.

Lightroom 6/CC2015 is 64bit only so the extra designation in the title bar is not needed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank You,

Someone needs to edit the optimization online help and add your exact answer. Please suggest this to the appropriate people.

Jim

[please refrain from PII and 3rd party URLs in this area - Moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines