• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Why does this color (CYAN) appear when exporting in IDML format?

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When export to IDML in the Swatches panel you can see the CYAN COLOR, but this color is not mine.

exporrt.jpg

Why does this color appear when exporting in IDML format?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

That is the default colour for the paragraph shading, for some reason this default paragraph shading colour makes it always back to an idml, you can safely ignore it.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It is possible that you have an unnamed color in the file, and the IDML regenerates it.

Mike Witherell

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is the default colour for the paragraph shading, for some reason this default paragraph shading colour makes it always back to an idml, you can safely ignore it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's exactly the reason.

The paragraph shading is automatically assigned the Cyan colour. When you rebuild a document using IDML - it has to give the paragraph shading a colour - and therefore assigns the Cyan.

But it's no harm - if you're not using Cyan in your file then there's no harm.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

see that rather lengthy discussion here:

Strange problem: Pasting text to InDesign CC2015 always adds cyan color

Some solutions revolve around using scripts that change the default of the used color of paragraph shading to something else.

Rob Day provided an AppleScript solution, I did my version in ExtendScript and recommend to change the default color to a tint of 20% of [Black]. See my script here in reply 35:

Re: Strange problem: Pasting text to InDesign CC2015 always adds cyan color

You have to run the script when no document is open.

From now on the shading color is 20% [Black] by default.

But that does not mean, that if you open older documents, that the default automatically changed there. Only for documents that you are building from now on. And it also does not mean that the unwanted color will not be copied over, if you are using documents from colleagues and copy/paste contents to your own documents.

I discovered another oddity.

Even if you manage to change the default to 20% [Black] for paragraph shading, it could be, that if text is copied over from a different app, InDesign is adding "C=100 M=0 Y=0 K=0". Even if the copied text does not contain this color.

To workaround this I posted a solution where you have to change the option of InDesign's Clipboard Preferences from "Text only" to "All Information" and then "Paste Unformatted". See also my replies 36 and 37 here:

Re: Strange problem: Pasting text to InDesign CC2015 always adds cyan color

Regards,
Uwe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines