• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom 6 does not recognize Canon T3i

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Lightroom 6.7 running on a mid-2012 MacBook Pro with OS X 10.12.2 (Sierra).  I can import photos from a iPhone 5 - upon selecting import in LR and then select source the window shows iPhone 5 under devices.  On trying to download from the Canon EOS Rebel T3i, selecting import in LR does not show any devices in the select source window.  I have tried various combinations of USB connection, turning on T3i power, starting import and launching LR.  I also tried using a different USB cable. None of these were successful. Also I am able to download photos from the T3i into the Apple Photo application on this computer.  Also the photos are stored in the T3i in jpg format.  What do I need to do to resolve this problem.

Bob

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

As DJ points out, sometimes rebooting will fix the communication problem.

Ultimately, you will be happier using a card reader instead of directly connecting your camera. Card readers are faster in the file transfers, require no special drivers, are less error prone, and do not drain your camera battery.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes, simply rebooting the computer can fix a problem like this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As DJ points out, sometimes rebooting will fix the communication problem.

Ultimately, you will be happier using a card reader instead of directly connecting your camera. Card readers are faster in the file transfers, require no special drivers, are less error prone, and do not drain your camera battery.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

DJ and ManiacJoe,  Thanks.  Rebooting worked.  Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines