• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing photos from Lightroom to Instagram using a Plug-In.

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!  I need some help. I found this link LR/Instagram - Lightroom Publish Plugin for Instagram  for a plug-in for IG.  Although, it's not working. I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.  Here is a screenshot of the error I get. Can anyone help me with this?  I've been trying to work on this all day! Thank you!  IG 2.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Thank you Kent, I finally heard back from the author/creator of the plug-in and I had to log in and log out of instagram via the plug-in and it worked.  Thanks everyone for trying to help!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would contact the author first.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you say to contact the author do you mean the Plug-in Creator?  If so, I did and they respond very slowly and I still haven't really gotten an answer so I thought I'd check here because I'm lost.  He gave me a new plug-in to upload and I did that and now get this error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, contact the plug-in creator. He is the only one who can explain the error and correct it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the author of the plug-in would have the best knowledge of what is wrong.

I will throw out a wild guess. Try uploading as a JPG instead of a TIF.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I'm still waiting to hear from the other.  In the meantime, I was trying to figure out why it's a Tiff file.  It orignally was a raw file, I edited in PS.  I know when I export the photos to save them they save as a jpeg.  The directions were to drag the photo from the iibrary to the IG plugin so I don't know how I can change it to a jpg. I know how to change it when I export it, though.  Any tips for me to change it as a jpg so I can try that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I withdraw my suggestion, you are correct, it should automatically convert a TIF to a JPG in order to upload it to Instagram.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a screenshot of the settings page for the plugin? Maybe there is something there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Kent, I finally heard back from the author/creator of the plug-in and I had to log in and log out of instagram via the plug-in and it worked.  Thanks everyone for trying to help!!  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 18, 2017 Aug 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same app but all of a sudden Lightroom will not upload it says unable to login what is going on nothing works no reply from adobe or app

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 11, 2017 Sep 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I have had same problem   and I see the answer was " author/creator of the plug-in and I had to log in and log out of instagram via the plug-in and it worked." but I do not see how to log in and out of instagram VIA the plug in . It used to work prior to my paying $10 to register ...odd. today I finally solved problem  by the route below , but I really want to use LR publish ideally.

Safari

On Safari, it's easy. Go to Safari > Preferences > Advanced. Check the box at the very bottom that says, "Show Develop menu in menu bar."

Now open a private browsing window. Head to Develop > User Agent > Safari -- iOS 10 -- iPhone. Go to Instagram.com, sign in and click the camera button at the bottom of the screen to upload a photo from your desktop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines