• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC not importing CR2 raw files from Canon 70D

Advocate ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I do an import to Lightroom from my Canon 70d the RAW files are not transferred. They are saved in the camera as JPEG/RAW but Lightroom only imports the JPEGs and he CR2 files are left on the camera. Lightroom version is 2015.8 and Camera Raw is 9.8.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Try resetting LR's Preferences file:https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

You can also simply rename the current file Lightroom  Preferences.agprefs.OLD, which allows restoring it if the problem persists. Make sure LR is closed before renaming.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Explain what happens in detail. If there is an error message, please quote the exact complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your quick response. There is no error message. It is just when I do an import from my camera (plug in the camera and click import inside Lightroom) the destination folder only contains jpegs after import. No CR2s, which I can confirm are still on the camera

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

dv8kiwi wrote:

Thanks for your quick response. There is no error message. It is just when I do an import from my camera (plug in the camera and click import inside Lightroom) the destination folder only contains jpegs after import. No CR2s, which I can confirm are still on the camera

So are you 100% sure that there are actual CR2 files on the camera card? Have you actually checked? (Please don't assume they are there)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes absolutely. As per previous post

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is Lightroom Windows 10 btw

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,
Jan 12, 2017 Jan 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can anybody help me with this? Can my system be so unique that I'm the only person in the world with this problem?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you copy the CR2 files from the camera card  into an internal drive folder using Windows File Explorer? (With Lightroom closed)

A screen-clip of your import dialog screen might help an answer.

Regards. My System: Lightroom-Classic 13.2 Photoshop 25.5, ACR 16.2, Lightroom 7.2, Lr-iOS 9.0.1, Bridge 14.0.2, Windows-11.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works fine with the card removed. All the CR2 files are there. It is only using Import in LR with the camera connected via USB that the CR2 files do not show in the import list. They are there on the card but LR will not import them from the camera.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting LR's Preferences file:https://www.lightroomqueen.com/articles-page/how-do-i-reset-lightrooms-preferences/

You can also simply rename the current file Lightroom  Preferences.agprefs.OLD, which allows restoring it if the problem persists. Make sure LR is closed before renaming.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Does the camera support saving the raw and JPG files to separate cards?

If yes, are you doing that?

Are you using a card reader or directly connecting the camera?

(Card reader is much better.)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advocate ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, see previous post. I am connecting the camera directly. This is most straightforward and has worked in the past. I would rather not use the card reader, the direct camera connection is supposed to work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It's possible that the cable you are using to connect the camera has been damaged. You might try getting a new cable. Having said that, the card reader is much more reliable, usually faster, and doesn't drain your camera battery. It really is a better way to import, using a card reader.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines