• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Paragraph Styles Saved in CC Library Not Maintaining Color

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wanted to share that a paragraph style created within Adobe InDesign and saved in a CC Library will not carry over the assigned character color when applying the library style to text in Adobe Illustrator, but very strangely enough, seems to work in the opposite direction. If the paragraph style is originally created with Illustrator then saved in a CC Library,  the character color does if fact carry over if the CC Library style is applied to text in an InDesign document.

The question is: Why isn't the character color from InDesign being saved with the paragraph style in the CC Library? Isn't the whole idea and flexibility of CC Libraries to be cross compatible with other Adobe applications? I work primarily with InDesign and so it makes sense to create and save my paragraph styles in that environment, however,, there are many times when those same paragraph styles are needed in an Illustrator project. I suppose I could recreate all my paragraph styles within Illustrator and save them to my CC Library, however the functionality of Illustrator when it comes to paragraph styles is nowhere near the functionality of the InDesign paragraph style editor.

Could someone from Adobe please look into fixing this issue? I would like to know that any paragraph style created with InDesign could be compatible with Illustrator via CC Libraries when necessary. Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That is certainly the intention, and it is working for me:

Style called "Sample", adding to Library.

InDesign CCss_001.png

Unformatted text in a new doc.

InDesign CCss_002.png

Clicking on Sample in the Library adds the style to the Styles panel, and assigns the formatting.InDesign CCss_003.png

And the color appears in Illustrator as well (I shouldn't have used a rule below in my example, since that feature doesn't exist in Ai. )

Adobe Illustrator CC 2017ss_001.png

So, it is a bug you are experiencing, or is there a character format or override getting in your way?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

In InDesign CC 2017, I just did a test with CMYK colors (the default InDesign swatches). I dragged them to CC Libraries and turned on Paragraph Styles to save.

In Illustrator CC 2017, I dragged the paragraph styles on to Illustrator text and the Color panel shows exactly the same CMYK value.

What versions of the applications are you using? What kind of colors?

(Edit: Barb, as usual great minds work at the same time!)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines