• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How in the world does one post a question?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There seems to be no way to post a question here!  I hate it when anything "Adobe" has a problem because there is no way to easily post a question!  I have signed in already and I can't remember how I was able to post a question on a previous occasion, but I really hate this!  I have already spent an hour on this thing . . . trying to ask a simple question!  I'm getting VERY disgusted with Adobe for making this so difficult!  Trying to understand why this is being done this way, and can come up with no logical explanation!  Without ANY customer support program that always costs more than I can afford, I find myself wondering why in the world anyone would choose to have Adobe products?  I have spent enough time on this stupid effort!

In case anyone reads this and wants to help, here is my simple question:  How do I get rid of this little window that takes up residence in the exact center of whatever video window that happens to be showing at the moment, and WILL NOT be closed or moved!  I am using a Mac computer . . . 27 inch iMac with operating system 10.11.6 (El Capitan).  This little window is OFFENSIVE!  Do I have to remove the Flash Player?

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 12.09.55 PM.png

If anybody can help, that would be great.

Brad Crouch  [email address removed by Mod]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Those are Mac screen shots that I provided in my earlier response. Which page, exactly, are you looking at? Can you put the URL in a response and I'll go take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Mentor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Move to installing Flash Player. I also have had this issue in the past and have never found out what works and what doesn't but it eventually stopped this message. Hopefully someone here can help you - if not please let us know and we'll work to find the place that you can receive some help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I deleted the Adobe Flash Player app, all the data and all the settings, and started all over with a fresh installation of the Flash Player.  I have only encountered it once so far, but I still get the same thing!  Didn't seem to make any difference!  Maybe the Flash Player is just not compatible with the operating system I have . . . El Capitan (Mac computer).

Anybody got any ideas?

Brad Crouch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2017 Jan 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just got an email from some group called "the moderators" telling me that my initial post had been approved.

I spent about an hour trying to respond, to no avail!  There seems to be no place to contact the Adobe people!  So since there is no other place, I will paste in my response, here.

Adobe,

Thank you for keeping me advised.  Does this mean that I might get an answer to both my problems?  And that my “accidental” post will now been seen by others?  I STILL don’t know how to post a question EASILY on the Adobe community Forum!  There seems to be no way of learning, either!  Not only is there no documentation available, but there seems to be no Moderator who is even slightly helpful on the issue that provides him a paycheck!  Is everybody who works for Adobe as “nuts” as this indicates?

And does Adobe truly have nothing to say about an apparent defect in their software that may cause folks to seek an acceptable video player . . . elsewhere?  Not interested in keeping the business income at the current levels?

Can you give me a reason why I should return to the Adobe website?

Good luck to you guys,

Brad Crouch [personal information removed by moderator]

P.S.  You guys need a new website designer!  He should remember that “simplicity” is always the goal that leads to success.

Disgusted with Adobe,

Brad Crouch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

there seems to be no Moderator who is even slightly helpful on the issue that provides him a paycheck!

Hi Brad, just as a heads up, the Adobe Community Forum is a user-to-user forum—manned by volunteers who help other users in our spare time.

I STILL don’t know how to post a question EASILY on the Adobe community Forum!

To ask a question, start here: https://forums.adobe.com/welcome​ and pick the software you have a question about. Typically, the first box you will encounter is the search box—enter a description of the problem here to see if the question has been asked and answered.

Safariss_004.png

If you don't find the answer, scroll to the bottom of the page and use the link "Start a new discussion" to ask your own question.

Safariss_005.png

Some pages vary the formatting, but the same options are on all of the pages. For example, this question was posted in the Flash subspace called Installing Flash Player. You will see the search box at the top, and in blue bold letters, "Click here to start a new discussion".

Safariss_006.png

I'm not a Flash expert so I can't offer any assistance on your original question, but with patience, someone will come along with just the answer you are hoping for.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks BarbBinder!  I appreciate your response!

There must be some condition under which the "Start a new discussion" link you speak of, doesn't appear.  Please believe me when I tell you that I spent over an hour looking for any such link!  It looks like it doesn't "always" show itself!  Maybe it's a "Mac" thing?  I have noticed that there ARE things that do not show up on a website . . . for a Mac computer!  That's the time the owners of the website usually make adjustments.

I didn't realize that the moderators on this forum were volunteers.  Good to know.  You guys ought to be paid!

Gratefully,

Brad Crouch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those are Mac screen shots that I provided in my earlier response. Which page, exactly, are you looking at? Can you put the URL in a response and I'll go take a look.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

I've been looking around, and I keep seeing the "Click here to start a new discussion" link that you spoke of.  But I can't seem to find the page I spent so much time on.  The "actions" link that I keep seeing, now displays a link to enable starting a discussion, but whatever page I was on, did not have this option!

I think you solved this part of my problem!  Thanks a million!  I became so disgusted at not being able to find a way to post a simple question, that I just left the site as soon as I gave up!

Thanks again,

Brad Crouch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, great. If I can be of further assistance, just respond to the post and I'll be happy to help.

And although I'm not a Flash user, what happens if you open the Apple menu and Force Quit next time that box shows up? That's what I do when any application starts misbehaving.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Barb,

Thanks, I'll try that the next time this dialog box presents itself.  I can't believe I didn't think of that myself!  I really have very little confidence that this will do any good!  This software is not the same as a recalcitrant child, ya' know.  But I can't answer the question if I don't try it!  Please understand that I don't get this error message every time the software is used . . . it used to be that way, but lately it has become intermittent.  But as soon as I see it again, I will "force quit" the Flash player and see if it returns when I invoke it again.

Thanks again.

Brad Crouch

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You are welcome, Brad!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines