• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Is there a logical sequence to watch the after effects tutorials?

Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there, I'm new to after effects, and see there are plenty of great videos, but its unclear what order is best to watch them in.  Does anyone know if there is some kind of logical order from complete beginner, to intermediate and finally advanced?

Tania

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

you should start here: After Effects tutorials

see there is a category for beginners and advanced.

if you want more structure I would highly recommend you subscribe to Lynda and get an essential course of Ae. actually there is a course by the well known guru Mark Christiansen that was added recently (to my surprise I must say): After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: The Basics - you should definitely check it out. I might do the same since I am always happy to hear what Mark has to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not really. AE is like a painter's toolbox. You may want to use brushes for one thing and pastel chalks for another, but not necessarily eitehr of them on every project nor ever both together. The order (if any) in which you learn stuff in AE is solely determined by your own needs and workflows, nothing else. Of course some essential basics like use of masks and effects will pop up in almost every tutorial.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

you should start here: After Effects tutorials

see there is a category for beginners and advanced.

if you want more structure I would highly recommend you subscribe to Lynda and get an essential course of Ae. actually there is a course by the well known guru Mark Christiansen that was added recently (to my surprise I must say): After Effects CC 2017 Essential Training: The Basics - you should definitely check it out. I might do the same since I am always happy to hear what Mark has to say.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines