• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Importing from the cloud

New Here ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I downloaded cc on my new MacBook Pro, (I had an older on with the cc on it) in Library module, it showed me thumbnails of my photos from my last shoot, which is what I wanted, so i pressed import and they imported, but only as thumbnails so if I zoom, it actually shrinks the photo. How do I fix this?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which Adobe software? Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is in Lightroom. I looked at the Forum answers and saw the answer if the issue was in Photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the photos are stored in "the cloud", you can't import them into Lightroom at all.

So please provide more details about what you did exactly — where were the photos BEFORE import, what size in pixels (do NOT tell me megabytes) were the photos before import, and then what you did in very detailed language so we can follow along here and possibly determine where the problem arises.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My bad. I have an older MacBook Pro. Just before I went to Italy in November for a photo shoot, I installed the cc to replace my earlier version of Lightroom. I bought a new MacBook Pro with the touchbar and downloaded cc on it. When I did so, I clicked on Library mode, and pressed import. All of my photos from the Italy shoot started showing up on the grid view with check marks until all of them were there. I pressed import again and all of them imported. The ones that I had already processed, and put stars on all came over as files with metadata in the thousands. The ones that were not previously worked on and “starred” were in the 500 X 333 size. All were taken on my Canon 5d Mark 3, which takes photos in 23 megapixels.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the file is 500x333 before import, then Lightroom showing you a very small image is correct.

You still haven't explained about this "Italy shoot", what did you do, how did you get the photos onto the new MacBook. What do you mean in your title by saying the "importing from the cloud"?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Importing from the cloud was an assumption on my part. When I set up my new computer it asked if I wanted to import from another computer. I clicked yes and was told to plug in to a power source. When I did, the screen went black and stayed that way. There was no physical contact between the two computers i.e. by some wired connection. I called Apple and they told me to turn the computer off completely and try again. The tech helped me through a normal set up, and when we got to the question of importing from another computer, I was told to click no, which I did.

The next day, I downloaded the cc on the new computer. Since I did not connect another device to the new computer, I assumed that the photos came from the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you also copy all your image files over from the old computer to the new computer or move the external drive that held your images over to the new computer?

The LR catalog file is just a Database file and does not hold any of the real images. The Previews folder is just that, small thumbnails of the real images that LR creates for fast displaying of the real images.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don’t know how it happened. As I explained, there was no physical connection between the two computers. Also, these new Mac’s don’t have a USB port to fit my external drive, so no I have not connected with it either. Again, that is why I assumed the photos were migrated by using the cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

scotts84571038 wrote:

Again, that is why I assumed the photos were migrated by using the cloud.

What Cloud system are you talking about and did the actual images get downloaded to your Mac's internal drive?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only “clouds” I have any association with are the ICloud and the Creative Cloud.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to copy the actual image file over to your new computer or to an external drive and then connect that external to your computer. All the newer MBP computers have a USB port or a couple of them. They just don't look like the old style USB ports and you may need an adapter to connect even slightly older external drive with.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I ordered the “dongle” last night. Thanks for the help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines