• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to create a "composite" Catalog without moving the original images?

Contributor ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

I have 6 catalogs (each a different year) and in each Catalog I have shortlisted images for a new photography website.

Is there a way to export the shortlisted images (complete with their various edits etc.) from each original Catalog, so they can be put in a brand new "composite" Catalog BUT without duplicating or moving the original RAW files please?

(I'm on a Win 10 PC, running  the standalone version of Lr 6.8)

Thanks in advance

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

This is one of a bazillion reasons why you should be using a single catalog for ALL your images.

I believe there is no way to export and not have duplications, nor is it a good idea in my opinion.

The best solution, in my mind, is to combine your six catalogs into a single catalog with ALL of your photos, then find the desired photos using keywords or other metadata, and then once you find them, you can easily transfer them to your new photography website.

To do this, select one catalog to be the m

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

This is one of a bazillion reasons why you should be using a single catalog for ALL your images.

I believe there is no way to export and not have duplications, nor is it a good idea in my opinion.

The best solution, in my mind, is to combine your six catalogs into a single catalog with ALL of your photos, then find the desired photos using keywords or other metadata, and then once you find them, you can easily transfer them to your new photography website.

To do this, select one catalog to be the master (it really doesn't matter which one), then open that catalog, go to File->Import from Another Catalog and select a different catalog file. Repeat until all six are now imported into a single catalog file. IMPORTANT NOTE: this is not the same as Importing photos, you do not Import photos in this process; you Import the catalog file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines