• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR 4.4 Keywords filter won't select photos for *some* keywords

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I select *any* of the keywords in my library?

LR 4.4 Keywords filter will select photos for the keywords at the top of the alphabetical sort.  For example, "None", which is the top of my keywords filter, is highlighted below with a distinctly lighter shade of gray (indicating it's been selected) and all 23509 image previews show up in the previews window.

However, the keywords at the bottom of the filter don't bring up the corresponding image previews.  In the image below, "Zoo" has a much less visible lighter shade of gray that indicates the cursor hovered over it, but even though I clicked on it several times, it was never selected.

I've had  this problem for over a year but have been working around it by using the "Text" search field.  But it's not an efficient workaround for some situations.

PC is Intel i7 CPU, 16 GB RAM, Windows 10 Pro 64-bit.

LR catalog has 3083 keywords and 147636 images

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

On Windows, LR 4 and 5 have a limit of about 1500 keywords: Lightroom doesn't display all keywords . LR 6's limit is double that, I think.  See that article for the workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have more than about 1600 keywords?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. Currently 3083 and growing.  Is there a limit on keywords?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On Windows, LR 4 and 5 have a limit of about 1500 keywords: Lightroom doesn't display all keywords . LR 6's limit is double that, I think.  See that article for the workaround.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the answer and the pointer to the workaround!! This has been vexing me for years! I guess I'll just have to put aside time to turn my keywords list into a hierarchy!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines