• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

ps cs6 import shows green screen

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this only seems to be happening to mp4 videos or mostly videos i've downloaded from youtube, however my itunes videos work just fine but for my other ones theres this green screen that i can't seem to get rid of. I have re-installed photoshop yesterday and i did manage to fix this issue last time but i'm not sure how i did it

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Be sure your graphics drivers are up to date. If the problem persists, disable GPU acceleration and restart Photoshop. (Edit > Preferences > Performance > (un-check) Use Graphics Processor). If disabling the GPU works, it's a problem with your graphics driver(s) or hardware. Try rolling back to an older driver.

NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Intel: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am now also having issues with the timeline as there is no button for the timeline conversion, i'll check whether i downloaded the right version which might be the case but i'm certain i downloaded cs6 extended

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Post a screenshot...

Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Online Courses Author | Fine Artist><br />Melissa Piccone | Adobe Trainer | Pluralsight Author | Fine Artist

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

so here's a screenshot of the green screen i get when importing mp4/youtube videos after i reset my preferences

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 01.58.47.png

and for my timeline as you can see theres just a blank space where the conversion button should be

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 01.55.50.png

thanks, btw if anyone can help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be sure your graphics drivers are up to date. If the problem persists, disable GPU acceleration and restart Photoshop. (Edit > Preferences > Performance > (un-check) Use Graphics Processor). If disabling the GPU works, it's a problem with your graphics driver(s) or hardware. Try rolling back to an older driver.

NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us

AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download

Intel: http://www.intel.com/p/en_US/support/graphics

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'll give that a go, thanks so much for your help but is there anyway to get the timeline conversion button to show up? if not do you know of any software that isn't disk drill that will allow me to get the other version of photoshop back that was working properly? disk drill is only showing the version i deleted on jan 8th

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you want to install a previous version, you can do so with the Creative Cloud app.

There's also the possibility that the video you downloaded from YouTube is protected, which could mean Photoshop can't edit it.

Just to the left of the "looping options" there should be a button to bring you back to the timeline. Not entirely sure why your screenshot doesn't show such an option...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

as for the timeline conversion button, i'm not sure either considering i downloaded this from the other downloads section which says photoshop cs6, photoshop cs6 extended and only has the one download link for mac (here) and made sure the correct scripts and that were included on installation, it also doesn't show up on the menu to the right of the timeline 😕

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Did disabling the GPU and restarting help at all?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your video card driver up to date?

Have you reset your preferences?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines