• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lost photos-Re-numbered hard drives

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi  There, I have Lightroom CC on windows 10 running on a  PC with two internal HDDs and 4 external Hard drives for backing up all files and computor I've now done a very silly thing I've added a new SSD to my PC but have not removed the old HDD, therefore all drives have now been re-numbered and obviously LR cannot find the photos Can you tell me how I can re-number the drives so that Lightroom will see them.I have tried clicking on the  ?  but this doesn't seem to work even so it would take ages to get everything back to normal.  Regards Anthony

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

What has happened is that adding the internal SSD has caused windows to rename your external drives to new letters. Ultimately you need to tell Lightroom what the new drive letters are for the old external drives.

However, before you do that, go into the Windows Disk Management utility and rename the external drives to L and bigger letters. This way Windows will never again rename the drive letters on you.

Then from the Lightroom Folders panel, do a "find missing folder" on the top most folder(s)

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you mean that the drives have different letters to identify them in Windows now?

If that's the case, in Windows change the drive letters back to what they used to be to fix the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What has happened is that adding the internal SSD has caused windows to rename your external drives to new letters. Ultimately you need to tell Lightroom what the new drive letters are for the old external drives.

However, before you do that, go into the Windows Disk Management utility and rename the external drives to L and bigger letters. This way Windows will never again rename the drive letters on you.

Then from the Lightroom Folders panel, do a "find missing folder" on the top most folder(s) of each renamed drive:

Adobe Lightroom - Find moved or missing files and folders

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You will need to Update Folder locations.

Updating the Folder Location in Lightroom « Julieanne Kost's Blog

Also you should manually Assign drive letters to these external drive before you update the folder location. And start at the end of the alphabet and work your way up. That way any new external you connect or internal drive you add will not make the present external drives change their drive letters.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines