Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

SANG INDESING

Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello,

As you can see in the image that I'm posting, I'm creating a document with a specific values. The problem that I found is that when I work with de document I can't see the "Sangria", and I think maybe it doesn't appear in the image that I see, but after, when I use it for the purpose I'm doing it (It will be the image of a folder), the sangria will be incorporated. I need it, it won't work if not. So, that's my question. Have any of you know exactly how it works?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

I've just solve my problem. The fact was that I was selecting the bleed in "Valores del documento" and I would have to doing it in this other option"Ajustar documento". Now is working! However thanks for everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The bleed lines (Sangrado) won't appear if your file is in Preview mode. After you click OK, change the screen mode to Normal.

InDesign CCss_004.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On second glance, I can see that you are in Normal mode. Do they show when you click on OK?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not. And I cannot understand why, what actually appears are pink lines forming a rectangle and they seem like a sang. But it cannot be, because that lines appear when I chose a sang of 0mm or 20m. So, I don't know. I've tried changing the screen mode to preview from normal, and turn again, but it keeps not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The pink lines represent the top and bottom margins. The bleed lines should be red. I

s this a new problem? Have you tried deleting preferences?

Troubleshooting 101: Replace, or "trash" your InDesign preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My Indesing is only a test, in a few days I will not be able to use it anymore. So, I don-t know if it will works for me too. However I-ll try it tomorrow. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

However I'll try it tomorrow. Thanks.

OK. I'll check back on you tomorrow.

In the meantime, I keystroked your values as shown below, and realized that you don't have a margin set. (My red bleed lines are showing in the image, but they are hard to see against the dark background.)

InDesign CCss_002.png

Normally, you will want margins when creating a new document:

InDesign CCss_003.png

In this final image, I went to View and unchecked Match Pasteboard to Theme Color and it is easier to see the red bleed lines against the white background.

InDesign CCss_004.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Look, I'm doing this document because of a content I'm suscribe in. Then this the information about the document they mention:

The measure of the desing must be 54,1 x 34,7 cm, with a bleed of 2cm around.

As you can see they mention nothing about margins, then I prefer don't to use them. Here I add the image how it is now, and I keep not understanding how to see the bleed.

And this is the image with white background, and I keep been unable to see the bleed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

So glad you figured it out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've just solve my problem. The fact was that I was selecting the bleed in "Valores del documento" and I would have to doing it in this other option"Ajustar documento". Now is working! However thanks for everything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines