• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Error Message

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please Help! I am getting the following error message only when I try to access a certain folder, whether I access by date ore by collection, certain images cause Ligiht to crash and then I get this error message below. I have the Photography Subscription for Lightroom and Photoshop and I am using Windows 10 and the Photos and the Catalogs are on an external drive G. Thank you!

An internal error has occurred: Lightroom_Fatal_SQLite_Transient_Error :: Database: G:\Nature Catalog\Nature Catalog (2)-2-3-3.Ircat :: Error: disk I/O error :: SQL: SELECT folderId FROM (

SELECT AgLIbraryFolder.id_local AS folderID,

lower (AgLibraryRootFolder.absolutePath  ||

AgLibraryFolder.pathFromRoot ) AS path

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "disk I/O error" part suggests you have a problem with some of the sectors on the drive.

Using the windows diagnostic tools, run some checks on that drive.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the advice on using the Windows Diagnostic Tools on the drive.  When we backup the lightroom catalog, Lightroom says it is "checking the integrity of the G Drive", then it backs up the catalog.  Doesn't that do the same thing as using the Windows Diag. Tool?  Since it does back up, wouldn't that mean the G drive, and its sectors, are okay?

Thank you very much for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No, what LR is going is making sure that the drive is available and that it has enough space on it.

You need to do a low level analysis on the drive using the Windows disk tools. It will take a very long time to complete.

In Windows File Explorer, right-click on the drive, select "properties", tools, "check".

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines