• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

LR to PS to LR color shift

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having an issue when taking a photo from LR to edit in PS and having a color shift. I checked my color settings for external editing in lightroom and settings in photoshop and both are set to Adobe RGB. As you can see in the attached shots with the same exact LR adjustments I'm getting completely results. I've been trying to figure out the problem with no luck. The only thing I've done to the Edited PS file is edit in PS from LR and simply saving the file once in PS and going back into LR. I've tried doing external editing in TIFF and PSD formats with the same results. I've seen people talk about screen calibration being an issue but I haven't had this problem before. I will try to recalibrate in the next few days. The only difference I can find is in the edited file from PS has the Camera Calibration Embedded when it comes back to PS vs just the default adobe standard.

First picture attached is the original DNG and the second is the "Edited" TIFF from PS. As I said before for testing purposes I'm not actually editing the file in PS just bringing it in and saving it out.

This is really frustrating so any help would be appreciated.

_DMP5580.jpg_DMP5580-Edit.jpg

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you take the screen capture, shot, of the original DNG in LR from the Library or develop module?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Those aren't screen caps they are exported jpegs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I've done to the Edited PS file is edit in PS from LR and simply saving the file once in PS and going back into LR.

The file from PS looks edited to me - the corners are about the same brightness as the first image, but the rest of the image is brighter, as if it has a radial filter applied to it. But there is also a color difference, the image from PS is warmer.

Are the pictures you posted jpgs exported from Lightroom? Or screenshots from Lightroom?

Does the image look right in Photoshop, i.e. do you only see the problem when the image returns to Lightroom?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are exported jpegs from LR. They look the same in LR though. I only see the problem return when it returns to LR. The File isn't edited in PS it's just saved out and has the same adjustments applied that are applied to the original.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please post a screenshot of the image from PS in the develop module in Lightroom, with the History panel visible.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've since edited that file, I need to keep moving with my edits but attached is a not keeper that you can see the issue as well. The Reference is the Original with only basic adjustments and the Active is the edited TIFF from PS with the same basic adjustments. Both images have the same basic adjustments with no other filters or anything else. The file looks the same after coming back from PS until you start to edit it.

Capture.PNG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crazyfomo wrote:

These are exported jpegs from LR. They look the same in LR though. I only see the problem return when it returns to LR. The File isn't edited in PS it's just saved out and has the same adjustments applied that are applied to the original.

Try setting your PS Color Settings> Color Management Policies as shown below. I know you say LR Edit In PS and PS are both set to Adobe RGB, but this will confirm there is no profile mismatch. I would also suggest changing your LR Edit in PS Color Space to and PS's working color space to ProPhoto RGB, which is LR's native color space.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Other then changing my color profile to ProPhoto RGB I already have PS color settings setup that way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

crazyfomo wrote:

Both images have the same basic adjustments with no other filters or anything else. The file looks the same after coming back from PS until you start to edit it.

When you edit in Photoshop, the file will open in PS with all the settings from Lightroom applied.

If you then synchronize settings (which the History panel tells me that you did) with the original when the file returns to Lightroom, all these settings will be applied again, so that the tiff will have the Lightroom settings applied twice. So it's bound to look different. How different will depend on how big changes you applied to the dng in the first place. If you didn't do any edits at all in the first place, they would be identical. Stop syncing the settings, and the problem will go away.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The edit was done before adjustments were applied to the original. So it was clean slate on both. So what you see in the screen shot is same exact adjustments from 2 clean slates. Other then one was brought into Photoshop and saved out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

crazyfomo wrote:

The edit was done before adjustments were applied to the original. So it was clean slate on both. So what you see in the screen shot is same exact adjustments from 2 clean slates. Other then one was brought into Photoshop and saved out.

I assume the original is a camera raw file. The color temperature looks very cool in the screenshot, which will require a large WB correction. When you Sync the Develop settings from the raw file to the Edit in PS TIF file WB will not be correct. What does the file look like if you apply all settings to both except WB adjustment?

The Basic panel PV2012 controls are image adaptive and behave differently with camera raw files than they do with exported JPEG, TIFF, and PNG files. I suggest adjusting the "original raw file" in LR before using Edit in PS. This should include setting the WB and Tone controls and perhaps the Detail panel for images shot at high ISO settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hint, you need to have your Monitor profiled and calibrated using a hardware device to ensure proper color rendition between applications.

Lightroom works with a variant of Pro Photo RGB in the develop module and you cannot change this. If you work with AdobeRGB in Photoshop then you monitor profile will not display colors correctly unless the Monitor has been Calibrated/Profiled

Regards, Denis: iMac 27” mid-2015, macOS 11.7.10 Big Sur; 2TB SSD, 24 GB Ram, GPU 2 GB; LrC 12.5, Lr 6.5, PS 24.7,; ACR 15.5,; Camera OM-D E-M1

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines