• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Lightroom CC vs 6.x plugin debugging

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on a plugin and user has discovered a bug that I am trying to replicate. However the user is on lightroom 6.8 whereas I'm on CC. So my questions are

(1) Is the executable exactly the same for lightroom 6.8 vs CC?

(2) If executables are different, how can I get a copy of lightroom 6.8 for testing (I have CC) without buying the standalone version?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

They are exactly the same program, same files get installed on the hard drive. The .EXE/.App are the same.

The difference comes from how you Sign In to the program.

What does your plugin do and what it is trying to access.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

They are exactly the same program, same files get installed on the hard drive. The .EXE/.App are the same.

The difference comes from how you Sign In to the program.

What does your plugin do and what it is trying to access.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the response.

My plugin accesses each file and computes an md5 hash (to check for bitrot at a later time). The hash is stored in a custom field.

The area that appears to be failing deals with the call to getFormattedMetadata('fileType') in the SDK. Basically the plugin checks the filetype and compares it to a list of filetypes that should be processed.

I have a small exported catalog which fails for the user. It does work on my system. We are running same OS (el capitan 10.11.6) but I have CC and he is running 6.8.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines