• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Import Error on A7RII

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got a new laptop recently and installed Lightroom 2015 CC. When I go to import ARW files from my SONY, I get an error message: "the files are not recognized by the raw format support in lightroom."   So then I click "check for updates" and recieve: "version check was unsuccessful"
I can open and edit the files in camera raw, so I am assuming it is an update issue.

lr1error.PNG

lr2error.PNG

This made me think that maybe I had a connection problem not allowing me to update (although I am still able to connect using the CC app). I turned off the firewall, logged out and back into my account inside the Lightroom app and CC app. Still no help. I tried uninstalling and reinstalling through the CC app. I'm still unable to open my ARW files from the A7RII. The CC app says lightroom is up to date.

lr cc open.PNG

When I go to the system info box in lightroom, it tells me the release is CC 2015 [XXa serial numberXX] and detects my operating system as Windows 8.1 (I am actually running Windows 10)

lrsysinfo.PNG

What do I have to do to update my app so I can open my Sony files inside Lightroom?

Thanks for the help,
Kaley

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Your camera requires at least version 2015.6.1.1, so I suggest you update to the latest version - 2015.8 - by downloading the update manually from here: Install Photoshop Lightroom

A lot of people are having problems using Help > Updates.

Problems with the CC desktop app not seeing updates can sometimes be fixed by signing out of the app, and then signing back in.

Click the cog wheel top right, and choose Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your camera requires at least version 2015.6.1.1, so I suggest you update to the latest version - 2015.8 - by downloading the update manually from here: Install Photoshop Lightroom

A lot of people are having problems using Help > Updates.

Problems with the CC desktop app not seeing updates can sometimes be fixed by signing out of the app, and then signing back in.

Click the cog wheel top right, and choose Preferences.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines