Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Notification "Adobe InDesign CC 2015 doesn´t work anymore"

New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

for some time whenever I want to launch Adobe InDesign CC 2015 on my Windows 10 Laptop I get the notification that it doesn´t work anymore. Further the notification states that the programme doesn´t run correctly due to a problem and that it is being closed down and that I get notified when there is a solution to the problem. There is no specification however, what this problem is.

I worked my way through quite a few forums and there seem to be numerous people, who encounter the same problem. I found, however, no way to get my InDesign back to working again.

I don´t have any weird-named fonts (which sometimes seem to be the problem), I have re-installed all relevant drivers (which seems to be a further problem too). In Short I´m at my wits end. Have you encountered the same problem and maybe found a solution? I´m more than happy to learn from the crowd intelligence, here 🙂

Kind regards,

Ina

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

I suggest the first thing you do is reset your InDesign preferences:

Close and relaunch InDesign, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences. You must be extremely fast on the keyboard (if you don’t see the confirmation prompt, you were too slow).

You may need to do this a couple of times before getting the hang of it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be honest my immediate answer would just be update to the 2017 version of InDesign as it has various improvements and bug fixes anyway and will be supported better as you have the CC version of InDesign.... However if you feel that 2015 is the version for you then I suppose the following methods would be worth trying:

I'd guess that the best think to do first would be to restart your computer in safe mode and see if the programme works then.

If that fails i would recommend, basing this on the fact you state you have creative cloud versions of disabling the cloud application and also/or try disabling the internet connection - then retry launching the InDesign.

Failing this you would be be best to essentially "debug the version" of InDesign 2015 by either re-installing or if you have the option to verify the integrity of the files for the 2015 version.

Hope this helps.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jaguar 1991,

thanks for your response. Yes, I´ll upgrade soon to the 2017-version. Just for now I have to get it working. It seems that it was the InDesign preferences.

Kind regards,

Ina

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I suggest the first thing you do is reset your InDesign preferences:

Close and relaunch InDesign, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences. You must be extremely fast on the keyboard (if you don’t see the confirmation prompt, you were too slow).

You may need to do this a couple of times before getting the hang of it! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks 🙂 It obviously was the preferences setting! It now works perfectly again.

Thanks!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Regarding recommendations that you upgrade to CC2017, if you do I suggest you also keep CC2015 as well, in case you find, as many have, the current version a bit flakey!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Can you please share the error screenshots on launching InDesign CC2015?

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines