• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Unable to use hyperlinks in regular pages with a master applied.

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm fairly new to Muse and I have a feeling this is something I missed or need to turn off.

I'm unable to click on any of my links on an individual page when a master is applied. Once I tell it not to apply the master over it I can then use those links.

Where do I go to tell muse to allow me to use them with the master applied? I've checked the page settings for both the master and the individual pages but wasn't able to find any type of setting that would affect this.

Thanks!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

I bet, there are elements on top, preventing to hit the link buttons.

Do the following:

Reduce your existing site to only one typical page, containing a few elements. (This is helpful, because it saves download- and analysing-time).

Upload this .muse file to dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Thus, time consuming „question and answer“ games or pure guessing can be considerably reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I bet, there are elements on top, preventing to hit the link buttons.

Do the following:

Reduce your existing site to only one typical page, containing a few elements. (This is helpful, because it saves download- and analysing-time).

Upload this .muse file to dropbox or a similar file sharing service and provide the download link here. Then we can have a closer look.

Thus, time consuming „question and answer“ games or pure guessing can be considerably reduced.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Günter you got it man. haha

I was going through prepping it to post to drop box so you could download it. Then realized I was using a full Video Background widget in my master that was higher in the layers than my other pages. So I just made a new layer at the bottom for the widget and BAM! problem solved.

Quick random question. Is it best to keep all master layers at the top, bottom or does it matter? Obviously here I would want something that would take up the whole page (like my widget) to be at the bottom. But I ask because though it was above everything the video still appeared in the background behind everything. I assume that's because the widget told it to be behind everything but didn't prevent it from blocking my hyperlinks?

Thanks for helping bring that to light for me!

- Ken

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Layers are working site-wide. That means, if you create a layer, it will be present on every single page of your project. This is the only way, to be able to place elements on a master page above all other elements on layout pages – or, if you want, below elements of other pages.

That means: If you want to show element in front of all others, open the "Layers" panel, create a new layer on top of all other layers, and place your element onto this layer. (You can move an existing element by dragging the little square to the right of the element entry in the panel onto the new layer.)

The fact, that layers work site-wide and not only page-wide, carries one risc: If you delete a layer, you delete all element on this layer on all pages.

Your "quick random question": There are no "master layers", there are only global layers. Therefore one can't say, whether it is better to keep these layers on top or at the bottom. It completely depends, what is the hierarchy, you want the elements to be shown on your page. Perhaps you have master page elements, which should be shown behind all other elements of your layout pages. Perhaps other master elements should appear on top.

Quite difficult to explain, but I hope, it was understandable.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Awesome, that does make sense and helps clear a few workflow issues I was having.

Thank again!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines