• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

InDesign Fails to Launch

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2017 Jan 05, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My InDesign starts up, then stops, and the colored circle just spins, never boots. I just installed this 2017 version. Anything I can do?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

reset your preferences -   https://forums.adobe.com/thread/526990

if that fails, what os?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I encounter the same problem. InDesign freezes at launch, stuck on "loading hotkeys" (or something to that effect - mine is in French). After that, nothing. I have tried deleting plugins. No effect. I have reset my preferences. No effect. I'm on Windows 10, and it worked just fine until the switch to 2017.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to InDesign​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just to unpick kglad's excellent advice, try this:

Close and relaunch InDesign, and IMMEDIATELY hold down Ctrl + Alt + Shift (Windows) or Cmd + Ctrl + Opt + Shift (Mac), and respond in the affirmative to the dialog asking if you really want to replace the preferences. you must be extremely fast on the keyboard (if you don’t see the confirmation prompt, you were too slow)

You may have to do it a couple of times before you get the hang of it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Please provide the crashing module screenshot for InDesign.exe, follow the steps below:

Execute "C:\WINDOWS\system32\eventvwr.msc"

EventViewer->Windows Logs->Application->Error(Level)

sa..PNG

Regards

Sanyam Talwar

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

But that's just it, there is no crash, just a freeze. So, nothing relevant in the logs. The startup window just sits here, stuck on "panels launch". I've tried installing CC2014 and 2015, which don't launch either.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

BTW, since then, I have reset my computer (keeping the files, but wiping the rest), reinstalled everything, and InDesign has worked for a day. And today, nothing, once again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

if id worked for one day and you changed nothing (ie, no preferences set) and then stopped, look for a program (antivirus, antimalware, cleaner etc) that could be 'cleaning' your computer of unwanted files and mistakenly corrupting your install.

as a last resort (ie, pref reset fails):

uninstall everything cc including preferences, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-remove-app.html

then uninstall the cc desktop app, https://helpx.adobe.com/creative-cloud/help/uninstall-creative-cloud-desktop-app.html

clean your computer of cc files per http://www.adobe.com/support/contact/cscleanertool.html

restart your computer (don't skip this)

reinstall the cc desktop app, https://creative.adobe.com/products/creative-cloud.

use the desktop app to install your cc programs/trials

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines