Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Adobe After Effects educational licence

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Some time ago I have decided to show a 10yo kid (my brother in laws son) that computers can be used for something more than gaming. I decided that After Effects would be the best software to do so (probably the best on the market with huge community + small things are very easy to do and look awesome).

My problem right now is how to do it legally Do you know if there is some kind of free licence (even for limited functionality of AE) that is targeted for educational purposes for small children? I know that there is an option to pay monthly for the AE, but to tell you the truth it is too costly for me to pay it as it will never be used in a commercial way (I am a programmer so I would find no usage in such licence - and programming is less appealing for 10yo than doing magical stuff with a home made video).

Thanks for any reply,

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017
Do you know if there is some kind of free licence (even for limited functionality of AE) that is targeted for educational purposes for small children?

there is no limited functionality software for Ae. for an educational plan you need to provide institute affiliation. the price of educational plan is the same as the single app plan (now way to have a single app and educational plan at the same time) so you might as well choose a regular single app plan.

all information is here: Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Do you know if there is some kind of free licence (even for limited functionality of AE) that is targeted for educational purposes for small children?

there is no limited functionality software for Ae. for an educational plan you need to provide institute affiliation. the price of educational plan is the same as the single app plan (now way to have a single app and educational plan at the same time) so you might as well choose a regular single app plan.

all information is here: Creative Cloud pricing and membership plans | Adobe Creative Cloud

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines