• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Brush tool shifts down and to the right after releasing stylus

New Here ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

insanely frustrating.   I then have to switch to the arrow tool and move it back to where the line was originally drawn.   I also have object drawing turned on, and it used to be the case (in 5.5) that a box would automatically surround the line after releasing mouse/stylus button.   that way I could instantly delete it or do whatever I wanted without have to highlight it which requires changing tools.   I hope someone can help! thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you update the drivers on your tablet? Also, try using a different USB port. And see if it does this in other applications like Photoshop or Illustrator. I had this issue with my tablet too (wacom bamboo). I think I had to update the software.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the response Dominick.   No the problem still exists in another port and the drivers are up to date.   It's a very noticeable shifting and I had read of other people seeing this too.  I don't have photoshop or illustrator but this is not a problem with CS5.5 installed on my other computer, bu that is 6 years old and running too slow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...plus i should have mentioned that this is a problem using the trackpad as well.... it isn't a problem emanating from the tablet.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you on MAC or WIN? I saw you mentioned your drivers are updated but have you tried completely uninstalling all tablet drivers and then reinstalling the latest driver?

Animator and content creator for Animate CC

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you key framer for responding...  this is a brand new computer and i plugged the tablet into it and got the driver a couple days ago.  but as I mentioned, its an issue if i draw with trackpad too.   It is the most recent adobe (it is in fact the trial mode as wanted to see before renting).   I was working on a file that i originated on Mac Book Air and was thinking that maybe because it was created using a 1440 x 900 res monitor that it was adjusting to that with the new macbook pro which is 2560 x 1600 and if i created a file from scratch using the new computer this wouldnt be an issue, but it still exists.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is this using the most recent version Animate? I've seen this in the past but it's been fixed in subsequent versions. The reason it happened from what I remember was when you had two monitors connected and the Cintiq was not the primary display. Maybe try switching them out to narrow down the issue?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks Asymetrical..  I am only using my laptop monitor.   I did just post a reply that maybe helps narrow it down tho..

Also wondering why, when using object drawing, the line is not highlighted in a box (objectified), as it was in cs5.5 so that i can then just delete it or move it around with the arrows immediately after lifting the pen.  It seems I need to use the arrow tool to select it which is a pain for what I am animating.  would attach a file if it helped....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you ever find the fix? I am having this issue and I can't find anywhere how to fix it :,)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Oct 22, 2023 Oct 22, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Try to set display scaling to 100% at OS level. This may help.

Nick - Character Designer and Animator, Flash user since 1998
Member of the Flanimate Power Tools team - extensions for character animation

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines