Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HELP (Wedding Favour)

New Here ,
Dec 15, 2016 Dec 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have my wedding in May 2017 and I have taken upon doing the designs of the invitations to keep costs down as me and my partner have recently purchased a home and now on to saving for the wedding costs. So I thought I would try and help with doing the designs. I have a basic - Intermediate grasp on Adobe creative suite and have been using photoshop, illustrator and InDesign to try and create these invitations. I have created some but I feel like it's missing that wow factor or it just not there yet and I have hit a road block on what I can do as I cant creates the most fanciest of thing but thought I would come here to see if anyone could help.

If people reply then I will upload the ones I have created that need sprucing up.

Regards,

Ravi

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Ravi,

Congratulations for your wedding !

This is more of a troubleshooting platform where you get assistance for technical issues. You can however post your artwork and explain what and how you want the improvements. I believe our experts would certainly suggest you how to enhance them.

Regards,

Om

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Careful or you'll get everyone giving their two cents

As ohmnath said try and be specific in what you don't like so that we can "troubleshoot" how it would look better.

But remember - beauty is in the eye of the beholder....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ohmnath Jaguar1991

Thank you for your reply, guys.

here is the dropbox link to my invite designs: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/kt81ovvd0jtv7s3/AAD1XEdtwv55IpVDmlyKx7w3a?dl=0

on the insert holder files - they have a small black bar at the bottom which will be cut off and so the bottom part folds in as the invite holder and the front top part fold over to enclose it all.

the invites have a border and something to give its own identification for example - the church invite has an image of the church where we will be getting married, the Hindu invite has a Ganesh etc. but I'm struggling on making it work... the borders are a little plane so I'm wondering if there is anything I could do to make it work.

I have a plan to colour the back of those invites in the border colours and then putting a white map to show the location of each event - An idea that I haven't been able to master just yet

I don't know - I feel like it's missing something but not sure what and wanted other much more advanced designers (like yourselves) to have a look and see if you can think of something I could try/ add.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My only immediate input might be to suggest adding a pattern to the borders - perhaps similar to the insert holder files so that it has more continuity?

Also you could experiment with not having a completely square border pattern.

Otherwise - please don't take offence but perhaps your just stressing because you've given yourself too many options and type of invites?? - I understand if I'm wrong for asking - but could you not simplify the problem somewhat and cut down on the total number of invite styles?

What I've noticed from pinterest is that the nicest looking ones to me all sort of meld and match together...https://uk.pinterest.com/search/pins/?q=Hindu%20wedding%20invitations&rs=typed&term_meta[]=Hindu%7Ct...​

But they look good so don't doubt yourself!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.s. whilst I'm against completely ripping off other peoples work you may find pinterest.com a useful place to get inspiration or things you might be able to adapt in to your designs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines