Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

mSATA Laptop problem

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

i have a problem, i have mSATA port in my Laptop, so i got my self mSATA SSD -  SAMSUNG SSD 850 EVO 120GB, but it is not recognized!! I wonder what i do wrong?

Laptop - ACER Aspire 5740/5340 series, Model - MS2286

Aspire 5740G-434G64Mn

Win 8.1 pro, Disc C is now SSD kingston, original HDD disc is now instead of dvd drive. Plus i want to use that extra mSATA samsung SSD

Bios 1.28 - seems like latest one

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

I have tried to look up the specifications on that laptop and nowhere do I see anything about a mSATA port on the results.  Do you have any URL that definitely shows that information. 

Here is something that I found which could be the reason that you cannot see the mSATA SSD.  "The mSATA connector is similar in appearance to a PCI Express Mini Card interface,[56] but is not electrically compatible;"

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 08, 2017 Jan 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you go to Manage (also called Computer Management)/Disk Management and activate and format it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, and yes i already did it and disc is not there... i went : Disk management, More Actions -> Rescan Disks , and its still did not show up!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to look up the specifications on that laptop and nowhere do I see anything about a mSATA port on the results.  Do you have any URL that definitely shows that information. 

Here is something that I found which could be the reason that you cannot see the mSATA SSD.  "The mSATA connector is similar in appearance to a PCI Express Mini Card interface,[56] but is not electrically compatible;"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank u for the info. seems like u r right, its not mSata.....i really did not know that it could look identical! Had to return the disk.

In documentation there were no info about what kind of slot it is! and were no info about that there is an empty slot at all!

Regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines