Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash starting indesign

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Good evening,

when I run InDesign on my computer it crashes during the loading.

I've already tried to unninstall the software, deleting all the remaining Id folders, clean the appdata folders AAM UPDATER and OOBE, clean Temp files and cache, restarting my computer and than install the software, but is not working. Ther is no error code or anything, just "indesign stopped working, trying to search for a solution"

Other Adobe softwares like Ps or Ai work just fine.

Windows 10 x64, Adobe CC 2017 Student License

Cattura.PNGCattura2.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Allright so, i had a chat with Adobe support, I tried to create a new windows user and in this new account indesign was working fine.

I tried all the things they reccomend here https://forums.adobe.com/ but nothing happened.

In the end we find out the problem was with this two dll C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\   GPCR64.DLL and GPCRUI64.DLL

after renaming them into "GPCR64.DLL OLD" and "GPCRUI64.DLL OLD" indesign worked fine!

Thanks adobe support, hope this will help other user!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try using the answer posted to this question https://forums.adobe.com/thread/2259272 - Adobe InDesign Preferences seems to have been the culprit for a few peoples troubles recently

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Removed all preferences by clicking Ctrl + Alt + Shift when starting the software, clicked YES in the dialog. But indesign still doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is your task manager showing when you try and open InDesign? Do you have any additional programmes open? How powerful is your PC?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I haven't any other software open, besides of the windows ones. My PC can easilly run adobe softwares here the spec:

AMD FX8320 octacore processor, AsRock 980de3/u3s3 motherboard, Corsair Vengeance 32gb RAM (4x8 gb), MSI r7 370 2gb gpu, and other stuff like watercooling, HDD for storage, SSD for OS.

The CC is installed on the SSD (samsung EVO 250gb)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So I hope that given those specs task manager doesn't show 100% disk or memory usage etc when you open InDesign?

As my first thoughts before I knew the PC spec was that InDesign was just timing out for some reason like it was maybe trying to do some further updates etc.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it always crashes during "avvio del servizio dei registri windows", in english must be something like "starting windows registry"

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2017 Jan 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Allright so, i had a chat with Adobe support, I tried to create a new windows user and in this new account indesign was working fine.

I tried all the things they reccomend here https://forums.adobe.com/ but nothing happened.

In the end we find out the problem was with this two dll C:\Windows\system32\spool\DRIVERS\x64\3\   GPCR64.DLL and GPCRUI64.DLL

after renaming them into "GPCR64.DLL OLD" and "GPCRUI64.DLL OLD" indesign worked fine!

Thanks adobe support, hope this will help other user!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines