• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Font submenu stops working

Explorer ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Immediately after opening Muse, the font submenu works as it should, when I hold the cursor over the font family name, the name is highlighted and the submenu appears. But after Muse has been open for a little while, it stops working, the font family name is no longer highlighted and the submenu doesn't appear. If I shut down Muse and re-open it, it works again for a short while.

Any suggestions what could be the matter?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please attach some screenshots describing the issue, as this is something we heard for the first time.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's what it looks like when the font menu works – the font family is highlighted and the submenu is displayed:

Screen Shot 2017-01-07 at 13.22.14.png

And here's what it looks like when it has stopped working – the font family isn't highlighted and the submenu isn't displayed:

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 19.44.40.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try resetting the Muse preferences by following this post - Re: Adobe Muse slow and refusing to preview

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've tried resetting the preferences now, and it makes no difference. The font menu still stops working. I've tried removing and adding the web fonts too; that didn't help either. The issue affects all font families, not only web fonts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thomas Kyhn wrote:

Screen Shot 2017-01-09 at 19.44.40.png

are you running Muse inside some kind of virtual environment?

the mouse curser in this screenshot is wrong... on a windows system it should be white or white with a i-beam braket but your screen looks as if you have dropped out of the active window somehow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 10, 2017 Jan 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's macOS 10.12.2; no virtual environment. The second screenshot is actually of a video I recorded of the issue, which is why the cursor is visible at all; it isn't in the first screenshot – for some reason it's left out when you take a screenshot on macOS.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you please test this for me:

Just minimize your Muse window and then try selecting the text.

Let me know if it works this way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How do you mean – select the text?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am sorry I mean selecting the desired font.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, OK. I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines