Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Trying to make an animated dropdown menu

Community Beginner ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I have been stuck at this for a few days. I really like the way Muse works, but I find the menu widgets lacking.

I have this idea for my website with animated buttons that "woosh" open on mouseover. For example, my "portfolio" button is a book that opens on mouseover and 3 or 4 links should float out. I have been trying to make this with Animate. But before I spend hours trying to get the animation right, how do I get muse to recognize the states/links? Or is it nothing like placing a photoshop button and do I have to script the button in Animate? If so, do I make this in HTML5 or AS3?

I can't find a solid tutorial on how to make dropdown menu's that aren't simple boxes.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Yes, that's stuff for Animate and exporting a HTML-canvas or SVG with all the associated code. You can of course emulate some of that with nested compositions that share specific triggers and animate.E.g. some links floating out could probably be mimicked with some custom menu that spreads the menu points far out as it slides out. All depends how fancy you want it to be and some creative thinking might save you a lot of trouble and work as might being ready to compromise and simplify your grand

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jan 06, 2017 Jan 06, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's stuff for Animate and exporting a HTML-canvas or SVG with all the associated code. You can of course emulate some of that with nested compositions that share specific triggers and animate.E.g. some links floating out could probably be mimicked with some custom menu that spreads the menu points far out as it slides out. All depends how fancy you want it to be and some creative thinking might save you a lot of trouble and work as might being ready to compromise and simplify your grand plan.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 07, 2017 Jan 07, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Still puzzled as to how I can preview these buttons, muse doesn't show the page files. Or will it only be operational after I publish it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Try publishing your site on  Business Catalyst as a test so we can check on this.

Regards,

Ankush

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm starting to understand Muse better every day. Thanks for the responses. Published it on my local ftp server. Looks like it might work, still have a lot of work on it and the animation looks like a detail at the moment.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines