• ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating gif files: "Save for web (legacy)" vs. "Export as"

Enthusiast ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi all! I have a client who is interested in know the difference in gif files created using  "Export > Save for web (legacy)" vs. "Export > Export as (gif)."

What we're trying to do is create small gif files from large pages with text (exported from a pdf). The text is hard to read once exported as a tif... and then it loses a lot of legibility when exporting as a gif file. 

Thanks.

julie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What is the purpose of producing these formats and what kind of content do they have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is for market research... we've been doing it for many, many years. But for some reason, they now want a clearer image... so people can zoom in on the pages they are being asked about. The content can be editorials or ads from magazines.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So why Gifs, it seems an inappropriate format.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with you... but they work. Or at least they have. I guess I muddled the question by going into too much detail. Really I just need to know if there's a difference between the two ways of "creating" gif files. They want gif files... they've specified that. And they have been using them for a long time. The smaller images they use are jpg files. But when someone clicks on the small file in order to bring up a larger file... they want to use gifs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines