• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

import processed pix from zenbook to laptop problem

Explorer ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

while on a trip i processed all my pix on my new zenbook. today, at home, i copied all the 300+ pix onto my laptop & tried to access them & their histories. i can import them as new, but can't import as catalog, so i have no way of accessing the work i've done. i'm not about to fire up the zenbook every time i want to work on them. (anyway it's a 13" & harder to see what i'm doing, plus it just has a basic graphics card & only 8gb mem.) how do i get these images into my laptop's workspace, with the files resident on my laptop? lightroom cc on both machines.

thanks!

charlotte

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

but can't import as catalog,

Why not? WHat happens? If there is an error message, please quote the complete unedited word-for-word error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no error msg, just no history of changes. it's as though the file were brand new, unprocessed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So let me see if I understand this properly.

You use File->Import from Another Catalog, and the edits don't  come over this way?

Are you importing the photos after you do File->Import from Another Catalog?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it appears that microsoft is the culprit here -- all the xmp files have completely disappeared from the directories.  win 10 messed up the pointers to the 'pictures' library when it installed the anniversary update (in a massive sequence of restarts) so my images originally were stashed in onedrive...pictures. in the past 5 days of my returning home (and being sick) that has mysteriously been fixed by microsoft, so lightroom is confused about where the images are. but in the meanwhile, the xmps have vanished & i've yet to find where they ended up, or why they've disappeared. if i can't find them, i'll have to recreate the history steps (which do show up on the zenbook in a greyed out way.) 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, the xmp files are irrelevant, I don't understand your story and anyway I think your story is relevant, and you haven't answered either of my two questions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

1-- You use File->Import from Another Catalog, and the edits don't  come over this way?

2 -- Are you importing the photos after you do File->Import from Another Catalog?

#1 -- true. the edits didn't appear this way

#2 -- not sure how this would happen.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are the edits in the Zenbook catalog? If YES, then try again, transfer the catalog file to the laptop and in Lightroom use the command File->Import from Another Catalog.

#2 -- not sure how this would happen.

It would happen because you (or someone) imported the photos after the File->Import from Another Catalog. So, did you do this, yes or no?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Are the edits in the Zenbook catalog? If YES, then try again, transfer the catalog file to the laptop and in Lightroom use the command File->Import from Another Catalog

# -- will try this as soon as i can get the zenbook's lightroom to recognize win 10's new folder pointer.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines