• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

photo and various windows disappear frequently, couple other similar problems

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been using photoshop for many years, on various computers. Recently, I got a newer used computer (I hate windows 8 and 10, so I bought a used laptop with windows 7). The specs are great with 8 GB of ram. I have Photoshop CS2 which requires a special download to install rather than the CD I used to install it from.

Ever since I started using CS2 on this laptop, I have had this really bad problem. Almost every time I ask it to do something, the photo disappears,and often the various panels disappear too. Usually, I can bring them back by hitting the tab button twice. If I am in the middle of doing text, I have to click on the top menu bar. This is seriously slowing me down and driving me crazy. I have never had this problem on any of my previous computers.

Another problem is that I cannot just switch to another program such as a web browser or email program. I have to click on the box at the upper right to minimize the program. If I try to click on the program icon that I want at the bottom of the screen, it won't go.

Sometimes, when I try to open a file or print a file, the little window that is supposed to open does not, but I cannot do anything else. I have to go to another program and then come back to photoshop, and then the window is there.

All really strange problems. I don't know if there was something wrong with the download and installation, or if there is something about this laptop that is interfering with the normal function of the program. I can't find any setting that will fix this. Any suggestions?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Then uninstalled cs2  deleted all  the left over users appdata cs2 files in you user id Appdata space for CS2 Photoshop version 9.  Download CS2 again and install.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Strictly speaking your OS may not even be fit for Photoshop CS2:

Photoshop system requirements

When deciding to work with obsolete software one should be aware that changing any relevant component (OS, hardware, …) can have unexpected consequences.

Edit: Still the usual trouble-shooting routines might be worth a try:

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/kb/basic-trouble-shooting-steps.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run CS2 on at least 4different windows 7 computers. I have never encountered this problem ever.

Unfortunately, I hate windows 8 and 10 and don't know what I will do when I am forced to stop using windows 7. I had a machine for 2 weeks with windows 10, and there were way too many things I hated about it.

I am also reluctant t o start over with a more expensive version of photoshop. CS2 has worked for me for many years. I see no reason to upgrade when it meets my needs just fine.

Right now, my choices are to use the newer laptop with high speed but keeps making me hit the tab all the time. Or use my older laptop which has a power issue and will crash randomly (but photoshop works perfectly).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I had no problems with that downloaded version of CS2 on windows 7.  I no longer have windows 7 installed and the version of CS2 still seem to run fine on my system that was updated to Windows 10 and then change to use the Preview builds of Windows 10.  I had problems installing the last three Windows 10 preview.  Two of them never did install and the last one took many attempts before Microsoft get it fit  to install one my workstation.  All the time CS2 kept on working correctly.  If I were you I would run some diagnostics on you laptop particular some intensive memory stress test. Random failures are often hardware Capture.jpgrelated problems.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You most likely have two bad laptops....

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know the older one is. That is why I bought the newer one. It runs all of my other programs quite well, and super fast. So, I really like it. This feels more like a setting a problem. Or a bug in the software. It is consistent when I do certain things. For example, it won't let me just click on an icon in the bottom toolbar to go to another program. But I can do that to leave any other program. The problem is only in photoshop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Then uninstalled cs2  deleted all  the left over users appdata cs2 files in you user id Appdata space for CS2 Photoshop version 9.  Download CS2 again and install.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

there is a whole thread about this and the question was very unlikely to have been answered by reinstalling
CS2 problem: windows disappear or are always on top / overlap other programs

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines