• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Correct audio settings

Contributor ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.

The link is an audio track. I already know the bitrate is too high, but even brought down to 16 bit, Adobe Animate still can't handle it. What do I do next? I don't want to reduce quality more than necessary.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

It does seem to be a somewhat confused file. Aside from being 95MB and yet apparently empty, it's also 24 bit, 48kHz. The 48kHz part could potentially lead to sync issues in Animate, and the 24 bit part would stop the sound from working at all.

Hopefully you'll find a good version of the sound somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

import to audition and reexport with compatible settings.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless there is a button in Audition that says "compatible settings" that I've missed, I think you've misunderstood my question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i didn't misunderstand.  did you try it?

if so, and it fails, what export settings did you use and what file type are you using?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The problem with the sound is its bit depth, not bit rate. Open the file in Audition and then choose Save As. In the dialog you'll see a Change button next to where it says Sample Type 44100 Hz Stereo, 32-bit. In there change it to be 16 bit. Then Animate will be happy to use the sound.

16 bit isn't bad by the way, it's the same as is used with audio CDs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I used those exact settings. It's a *.wav file by the way.

Error message:

"One or more files were not imported because there were problems reading them."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The file that you posted was 32 bit, and it played ok in Audition.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's because I'm a moron, that should've posted this file instead Microsoft OneDrive - Access files anywhere. Create docs with free Office Online.
I'm pretty sure that file is corrupt, as it has not run since it was created. You can try playing it yourself if you really want, but I wouldn't bother.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It does seem to be a somewhat confused file. Aside from being 95MB and yet apparently empty, it's also 24 bit, 48kHz. The 48kHz part could potentially lead to sync issues in Animate, and the 24 bit part would stop the sound from working at all.

Hopefully you'll find a good version of the sound somewhere.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Stand by everyone. This problem runs deeper than I thought. Turns out the audio file wasn't playable at all from the moment it was created. This falls outside of Adobe's jurisdiction now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines