• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Stacking docked palettes

Enthusiast ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I helped a client remotely do some actions in Photoshop. She uses Photoshop 6 and I'm using CC 2017. Apparently while moving things around, I messed up her system. I would think this would be an easy thing to do, but I can't for the life of me figure it out. She keeps several palettes open... and docked on the right side of her application window. I can't get them to go back. I can have one docked and showing, and one floating... but she wants them all "attached" AND open. How do I do this? There are three palettes she wants on there.

I know this will end up being something obvious, but I can't figure it out. Help!

Thanks!

julie

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Build it bottom up.

Put the one you want lowest on the right (it will take the whole of the right hand side)

Get the next panel and place it at the border of the first panel and the option bar ( the border will turn blue).

Carry on as needed with additional panels

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To dock a panel to the right , drag it over the right edge of the Photoshop window until the edge of the Photoshop window turns blue (the panel will be about half way across the edge) then release. To dock a panel to the panel above drag it up till the bottom edge of the upper panel turns blue - then release.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for the quick response, Dave! But when I dock the first palette on the right, it fills the entire space from top to bottom. So when I try to drag the second palette, I can't drag it up so that the bottom part of the it is above the top edge of the first panel. And when I let go, it puts one behind the other.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Build it bottom up.

Put the one you want lowest on the right (it will take the whole of the right hand side)

Get the next panel and place it at the border of the first panel and the option bar ( the border will turn blue).

Carry on as needed with additional panels

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am an idiot. Thank you. That worked perfectly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're welcome - we've all been there. When you get the layout you want - save it as a workspace that way you can always return to it.

Dave

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Enthusiast ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I actually don't like them docked. This was a client... and messed up her system. LOL

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines