Exit

Would like to have Master Collection CS6

New Here ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello All,

Many thanks in advance.

I would like to buy Master Collection CS6. Is this possible?

And please before anyone says anything about CC... I'm not interested in CC... Number one priority.. No Cloud

Thanks

Pete

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

As of Today Photoshop CS6 is no longer available for purchase even.

Capture.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As of Today Photoshop CS6 is no longer available for purchase even.

Capture.jpg

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks JJMack.

Will look into other options.

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Be careful there are many scams on the web.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

And please before anyone says anything about CC... I'm not interested in CC... Number one priority.. No Cloud

Out of curiosity, what is your aversion to the Cloud?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello John,

I just like to be in control and have it on my PC.

I feel more secure on my PC.. I don't used the internet to purchase anything.. I just don't feel safe.

Thanks

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you really feel all creative cloud user are unsafe and are asking for problems.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just like to be in control and have it on my PC.

Adobe Cloud software still downloads, installs and runs on your PC. It will run without an internet connection for up to 99 days.

Cloud in Adobe's world only refers to the licensing system. You sign up online. Then, when it detects an internet connection, it does a periodic automatic background check that you are financially current. Takes seconds and is invisible to you..

Other than that you use it just like any other perpetually licensed software which used to be purchased traditionally in a box with a DVD.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

While I agree with what you write there are things you do not write.  I do not use Adobe Libraries.  Yet at time when I have download some image file from the web. When I open them in Photoshop Photoshop want to add assets to My Photoshop Library and of course they would also be put into Adobe's Cloud. So I can use the assets on my other activated machine. Since I do not use libraries I do not have Photoshop copy the assets to my Library. I believe Adobe libraries reside on your machine and in the cloud.  When you connect to the web your libraries will be synced with the cloud. I not positive for I do not use Adobe Libraries.

JJMack

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure there are additional services for those who want to use the Adobe Cloud to its fullest extent: Libraries, Adobe Stock, Cloud Market come to mind.

However all are optional extras, none of which I have yet had any reason to use. So my current use of the Cloud is not much different to my previous use of the Creative Suites.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi John,

99 Days,,, I've just come back from working in Africa for 6 months without internet access.

Also I just don't want to pay a monthly fee..... I want to make one payment and that's it..

Because of my work I got into photography as I'm able to go to so many different remote places around the world.

Yep I'm also old fashioned and just like the idea going to a shop (When you spend so much time in remote places a friendly face is always welcome) and buy a DVD or memory stick.. And I never buy online. I'm OK with spending more to support a local store that gives customer service and having a friendly chit chat about the program on key points and highlights.

Thanks

Pete

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Fair enough, Pete. Buying software offline is a fading world but make the most of it while it's available.

I know of one or two photographers who still insist on shooting with film. They refuse point blank to shoot digital. All power to them.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What do you mean "no cloud"? CC is not cloud software, it's just a marketing name. The software installs and runs on your computer just like other versions. You have the OPTION to share stuff in a cloud. The only big change is the payment model.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines