• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Slow render time with Element 3D

Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I'm working on some green screen stuff that's integrated in a virtual studio made in Element 3D.

But when i'm rendering out with Adobe Media Encoder on a fairly normal resolution (full hd) and low bitrate, i get insane rendering time (about 30 hours). The project isn't too big/complex and it's a 1min35sec duration.

Maybe this is normal on a low spec computer, but i have 2 Asus GTX 1080 in SLI-mode, an Intel i7-6950x 10 core CPU at 3.00Ghz and 64Gb DDR4 RAM.

I also have the latest Nvidia drivers for my graphics card, the latest BIOS firmware, the latest Adobe After Effects CC 2017, the latest Media Encoder CC 2017 and the latest version of Element 3D (2.2.2, 2147 hotfix).

Also, the GPU is enabled in After Effects preview settings, Mercury GPU Acceleration (CUDA) is selected in project settings and also selected when i'm rendering out in Media Encoder (the Software Only option is almost the same result in rendering time).

The rendering time is a little bit faster (maybe 25 hours instead of 30) when i set the multi and supersampling to zero but the project requires at the most a ''2'' setting on both.

Rendering mode on the Element 3D plugin is on full render.

Also tried to turn of the Antialiasing in the NVIDIA control panel but it doesn't do much.

Can someone help me? Thanks!

PS: This is a copy/paste from the system info in Element 3D:

Build: Element x64 2.2.2 (2147.hotfix)

CPU: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6950X CPU @ 3.00GHz

RAM: 65444MB

GPU Vendor: NVIDIA Corporation

GPU: GeForce GTX 1080/PCIe/SSE2

GPU Driver: 21.21.13.7633

GPU RAM: 8192MB

GPU Code: 0

CL0: GeForce GTX 1080 (50.0%) (GL Interop)

CL1: GeForce GTX 1080 (50.0%)

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 09, 2017 Jan 09, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Probably a resource conflict with multiple GPU accelerations. Don't render using AME, render an image sequence from AE directly and encode it later. I also don't think SLI will do much for Element and there are issues in E3D with newer graphics cards like your 1080 to begin with as there are issues on Win 10 in general. You might want to turn off SLI for the time being. Checkk all those things.

Mylenium

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2017 Feb 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi sjokotofken,

Sorry to hear of your issues with Element 3D. Mylenium gave you some troubleshooting steps to help you out. Did you try those? What were the results? Have you filed a case with Video Copilot? What did they say? After trying these things, please report back so we can assist you further.

Thanks,
Kevin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines